Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is rich... Tesla short seller says he has no dog in the fight while wanting to incite a class action lawsuit.

Not everyone in TSLA Market Action participates in the car forums but I DO. Recant your lies @mmd

upload_2018-11-11_20-50-47.png

Guy please,

As Neroden described, I'm a sucker that works for money and then get taxed 50% for all the money I make. This sucks.

As Reciprocity notes, I'm working VERY HARD so I can stop being a sucker and become like Neroden and sit at home all day and read Tesla and investment stuff and get smarter (which I actually did for a few months around go private, great times outside for losses for poorly executed bullishness). This would suck much less!

But I can't do that very well when all you guys post random off topic stuff on the MARKET ACTION thread!!! I'm a hard working stiff and my time is very limited!

I love reading you guy's off topic posts. I find them to be very interesting and informative, but PLEASE, post them in the general thread! I want to read about market related stuff here. I even want to reply to some posts, but I can't do that when I'm consistently 10 pages behind! Which is partly because I haven't posted in a while.

You guys are incredibly knowledgeable, please be knowledgeable about where to post your knowledge!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Interesting story on how Tesla factories are spied upon electronically by companies selling data to hedge funds. Company seems to be Thasos Group that does the factory sniffing.

What Your Phone is Telling Wall Street - Slashdot

Not surprised at all - a more simple approach by investment banks would be a webcam and a couple of interns to count the cars/trucks leaving the factory.

Guy please,

As Neroden described, I'm a sucker that works for money and then get taxed 50% for all the money I make. This sucks.

As Reciprocity notes, I'm working VERY HARD so I can stop being a sucker and become like Neroden and sit at home all day and read Tesla and investment stuff and get smarter (which I actually did for a few months around go private, great times outside for losses for poorly executed bullishness). This would suck much less!

But I can't do that very well when all you guys post random off topic stuff on the MARKET ACTION thread!!! I'm a hard working stiff and my time is very limited!

I love reading you guy's off topic posts. I find them to be very interesting and informative, but PLEASE, post them in the general thread! I want to read about market related stuff here. I even want to reply to some posts, but I can't do that when I'm consistently 10 pages behind! Which is partly because I haven't posted in a while.

You guys are incredibly knowledgeable, please be knowledgeable about where to post your knowledge!

Thank you.
Why not just lock the Market Action thread on weekends if this is what people want?

Better yet, set it to be unlocked only Mondays through Fridays during market hours. It's locked at all times the NASDAQ is not trading. That would force all discussion to go to General if that's such a big deal for people.

Not surprised at all - a more simple approach by investment banks would be a webcam and a couple of interns to count the cars/trucks leaving the factory.

Certainly not simpler. They didn't have to make apps or anything, just pay a few dollars and draw a box around the Tesla factory on a map. And they can do it from the comfort of their home in their PJs...

Reactions: alloverx
Why not just lock the Market Action thread on weekends if this is what people want?

Better yet, set it to be unlocked only Mondays through Fridays during market hours. It's locked at all times the NASDAQ is not trading. That would force all discussion to go to General if that's such a big deal for people.

We shouldn't lock the market thread on weekends because there could easily be market moving news happening during the weekend. We should discuss market related topics in this thread. Not politics, not science fiction, only things related to short term price action of Tesla.

They could hire Shorty Air-Force, I heard they they might be needing some extra income to cover some extraordinary write-offs...

Not sure whether this got posted already, Tesla just filed with the SEC a couple of stock transactions Form 4's, including Elon's private placement of $20m of stock:

His trust got 56,915 shares at $351.4, which was the closing price on Thursday (2018/11/08):

"As previously contemplated, on November 9, 2018, Elon Musk purchased 56,915 shares of common stock (for an aggregate purchase price of $19,999,931) from Tesla in a private placement."​

What will Elon do with the remaining $69 not spent?

And with folks referring to buying shares early, my friend bought Apple shares when they were $4 back in the day, he still has them!

I think Q4 results could be a surprise downward as High $ M3 sales come down with the MR taking over.

Any thoughts why MS & MX prices bumped up, is it demand or just inflation?

What will Elon do with the remaining $69 not spent?

And with folks referring to buying shares early, my friend bought Apple shares when they were $4 back in the day, he still has them!

I think Q4 results could be a surprise downward as High $ M3 sales come down with the MR taking over.

Any thoughts why MS & MX prices bumped up, is it demand or just inflation?
You're all over the place with this one.

He purposely came up $69 short in order to promote the rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine

That was a joke but the following is not.
Q4 will obviously not be a surprise downward. They are exponentially increasing production of the model 3. It's going to be another blowout, balls-to-the-wall profitable quarter. This time with even bigger numbers. And margins on MR are similar to margins on LR, for which demand is not lagging in the first place.

MS and MX are just $500 more expensive for base price. Is that even worth speculating on?

Europe is confusing me right now

It indicates that price is up by a percent and some change:

But isn't this price ever so slightly lower than previous close?

Regardless, volume is too low to mean much of anything

Frankfurt closes earlier than New York. The Frankfurt price shown now is referenced to their closing price on Friday, in Frankfurt.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.