Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they may be slightly above current Tesla/Panasonic NCA with their prototype cell density, (300wh/kg claimed), and 5 minute charge is basically meaningless without specifications so nothing to see here.

Edit. In fact on their website they are showing 15 minute charge times, claiming that's faster than any other lithium ion technology, which is not true since LiTiO2 and some LiFePO4 can do it faster.

Yes, I still have plenty of stock. :) This is not a YOLO. This is profits from the previous stock rise.

Each time I had small change in my account I put it into Arcimoto stock (Code FUV), purely because it's an all electric play. Ended up with more FUV shares than TSLA shares. Of course they're worth nothing - currently trading at $2.89, but maybe one day they grow like Tesla. I like their spirit.

Quite a few short term swing traders here. I wish my job allow me to do that. ;)

I was enjoying the game of trying short term trades, made almost nothing due to the fees and currency conversion buy sell differential.

Then discovered that in Australia capital gains tax rate is *halved* on stock held for more than a year. That took *all* the fun away. Now, I just hold.

I guess there's a reason for the heavy tax penalty on fast trades. They're enforcing local market stability, encouraging day traders to get a real job. Probably a good idea, I hate to admit.

• Love
Reactions: humbaba and neroden
Yes but does he have a work out tape? Would really like to see that
Once again, Apple stock app on the iPhone doesnt show the Phil Labeau segment in the news section. Of all the different branded media on the internet, the top three articles on the Tesla “page” are negative Business Insider articles.

If Elon had not tweeted about the Phil Gigafactory segment, I would’ve never seen it.

Just shows you how important getting access to information thru Elon’s account is compared to those other places that desperately seek to omit it.

I wish my device company wouldn’t try to limit my access to investment information.

Last edited:
Each time I had small change in my account I put it into Arcimoto stock (Code FUV), purely because it's an all electric play. Ended up with more FUV shares than TSLA shares. Of course they're worth nothing - currently trading at $2.89, but maybe one day they grow like Tesla. I like their spirit.

Ouch. 3 wheeled vehicles have never been successful. That won't suddenly change because they are electric.

• Informative
Reactions: Foghat
Once again, Apple stock app on the iPhone doesnt show the Phil Labeau segment in the news section. Of all the different branded media on the internet, the top three articles on the Tesla “page” are negative Business Insider articles.

If Elon had not tweeted about the Phil Gigafactory segment, I would’ve never seen it.

Just shows you how important getting access to information thru Elon’s account is compared to those other places that desperately seek to omit it.

I wish my device company wouldn’t try to limit my access to investment information.
Relying on Apple's stock app for stock information seems about as reliable as relying on Apple Maps for maps

I'm quite bullish on TSLA's strength, but the general macro is batshit crazy in the last couple of weeks. Those swings man...

Anyone bold enough to believe there's a cause effect relationship between TSLA breaking out / proving profitable, and the wider market instability?

I think it stands to reason. As tesla boom, those many industries threatened by the demise of fossil fuels enter their decline phase. Markets project forwards.

It may only be a small effect, but maybe it's a straw on a heavily burdened camel in some places.

Anyone bold enough to believe there's a cause effect relationship between TSLA breaking out / proving profitable, and the wider market instability?

I think it stands to reason. As tesla boom, those many industries threatened by the demise of fossil fuels enter their decline phase. Markets project forwards.

It may only be a small effect, but maybe it's a straw on a heavily burdened camel in some places.

That's what we need now- TSLA crashed the market headlines in the honest media. Don't give them ideas please. ===>It's enough that we outed Elon's account here.<===

Mod edit: Folks, when you post something in this forum, most especially when you're trying to be funny with the "in"-crowd, THINK before you do it.
Think very deliberately about how what you're contemplating writing might be viewed by a newcomer, and how he or she might thereupon react.
Case in point...and in pointers....above.

P.S.: If you're a newcomer here, what's written there is an inside joke. Just a joke - nothing to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's now there on the Apple News for TSLA. You sir/madam are very influential. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.