Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla eventually bringing all their shipping in-house with it's own fleet of trucks they built, drastically reducing shipping costs. As a bonus, during the testing phase of the Semi, they will be getting value out of the prototypes.

I also find it very bullish that Tesla have so many cars to delivery, they literally buy up truck fleets to satisfy.

Now we just need to replace those tractor units with Tesla Semi's and we're golden!

Last edited:
Varney was hostile, looked bad in the process.

Plant a seed y’all!
Varney likely asked him on to talk about seeds then "news of the day gotta ask" swapped to a loaded question and Kimble just didn't bite and didn't get angry. Smiling and not engaging is a great defense for loaded questions.

Also you can plant hydro indoors year round. Reminder to self. Start new ever bearing strawberry in the short bay tonight.

Last edited:
I think its safe to say: Since they're needing to buy additional trucking companies and sign additional deals with major vehicle haulers that it's a lot more than last quarter :)
Don't know that I would read that from these acquisitions, I think it's more like an overhaul of their delivery system so they have more control of it. While I'm confident that Tesla will exceed the 3rd qtr. numbers from a production perspective, if executed correctly, this move will allow them to inform customers when and where they're going to get their Christmas presents with far more confidence than in the last quarter, especially in the last weekend... hopefully a lot of you awesome volunteers will be able to spend New Year's Eve partying (or falling asleep waiting for the ball to drop as in my case).

Will be way cool when Tesla Semis are pulling those trailers too!

Great move Santa Elon and all your Elves (LOTR style)!

Elon Musk on Twitter
Wait...what??? Tesla bought some trucking companies?

So, does this mean they will launch a semi trucking service? I had long felt FSD will come to trucks earlier than passenger cars. Else, what’s the point of buying those companies?

Now they have the license and drivers and customers, this service can be rolled out as soon as they can built more semi than Tesla itself needs.

Yet another industry will be shaken soon.

So, does this mean they will launch a semi trucking service? I had long felt FSD will come to trucks earlier than passenger cars. Else, what’s the point of buying those companies?
Didn't he state the point specifically in those tweets - to avoid trucking shortage as in Q3?

I'm personally more concerned about the possible SP impact from this. So, if they say we spent Q4 profits on trucking companies, how would that play out? They didn't post the amounts, but could cause a delay for other investments, sich as GF*.

Status
Not open for further replies.