Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally, i think Tesla is going to have to start advertising in the near future. it's great to get by on word of mouth when you're a niche automaker, but when you are talking about being a major volume player, you have to keep yourself in the forefront of peoples' minds who don't really devote much headspace to cars. and that means jumping in front of their eyeballs during commercial breaks and other ads.

a secondary benefit would be that, just like every other major manufacturer, Tesla would then be pumping monetary incentive into the media .... not that advertising dollars effect how news of a company gets reported .... /s /s /s /s /s /s /s

It's like blind love now...
You really shouldn't base your financial decisions on individuals on a Tesla form that's filled with Tesla KoolAid. For me it's not about Tesla. Its strictly about making money. Nothing personal and I feel as if allot of the opinions on here are based on their love and passion for the product. The entire market is down. It's not just TSLA but if you take a few minutes to view this stock you would of notice it was well above the moving average, outside the bellinger bands and undersold... You add that onto a very volatile market that's been red for a few weeks now. JM2C

However, the Bollinger Bands are set under the FUD atmosphere as artificially low. If you ignore that fact, the pop will be missed.

More and more stories are popping up on my feed about q4 numbers looking strong with demand increasing.

I'm speculating some engineering milestones have been made and as the company pushed to make a 35,000 model 3 the overall production cost per vehicle will decrease, meaning a better profit margin on this quaters sales!!

Money has been spent getting to this point, I missed getting in at 294 today gutted about, I will just hold my current numbers as bought at 350 ish average, but getting ready for a big Jan boost.

Ol Musky don't let me down!!

OT :
I am one of the "disagrees".. The reason is that there is no button for "stop the political BS crap".
Agreed - except its not OP who needs to stop the political crap but POTUS. If he keeps politics out f the markets, we can keep politics out of the markets thread.

You can forget about the SEC. They are the ones who signed on to giving these scumbags the tools they need to manipulate stocks. I.e, giving "market makers" the ability to naked short shares and removing the uptick rule for short sales. The SEC passes off their involvement to two SROs (Self Regulating Orgs.) The DTCC and FINRA. The problem is that GS and the other criminals own and manage these SROs (literally).

But as soon as Trump finds out about naked shorting he will start asking SEC to suspend/ban it - and they might to prop up the market.

personally, i think Tesla is going to have to start advertising in the near future. it's great to get by on word of mouth when you're a niche automaker, but when you are talking about being a major volume player, you have to keep yourself in the forefront of peoples' minds who don't really devote much headspace to cars. and that means jumping in front of their eyeballs during commercial breaks and other ads.

a secondary benefit would be that, just like every other major manufacturer, Tesla would then be pumping monetary incentive into the media .... not that advertising dollars effect how news of a company gets reported .... /s /s /s /s /s /s /s
They seriously do. Tons of people don’t even know autopilot exists. That’s a HUGE selling point. I’m a huge techie and Tesla has been hiding from me for all of these years. That says something.

OT :
They seriously do. Tons of people don’t even know autopilot exists. That’s a HUGE selling point. I’m a huge techie and Tesla has been hiding from me for all of these years. That says something.
Just a counterpoint. It will take a lot of persuasion for someone like to me use autopilot. My wife was even against buying 3 - because of AP ! I had to tell her that I'm not buying the option and also use of it was optional, even if I bought it.

• Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
Today's TSLA fade has been painful. NASDAQ is now as high as it was in the morning - but TSLA is $6 down from today's high. TSLA was running 1.5% ahead of Nasdaq. Now its about the same - but at some point was 0.5% below Nasdaq.
Since I posted this - TSLA is again fading even as NASDAQ is flat. Now TSLA is lagging NASDAQ by 0.5%.
Meaningless
IMO, its meaningful for people figuring out when to trade.

Of course its relevant, but a LOT of people use that opportunity to completely trash the man. we get it, you think the orange one is an idiot and infantile in how he acts. WE GET IT. Can we just get your opinion on how that affects the market and TSLA stock instead of everyone's pure hatred of the man?

TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is a real thing. As soon as I see "Nazi" or "Hitler" in a person's post, I immediately view them as out of touch with reality, and put them about in the same category as a flat-Earther.

Trump is a buffoon. That's obvious. People losing touch with reality and losing their *sugar* over it are worse than Trump.

I come here to read about Tesla. Sucks I have to scroll through TDS displays.

Not sure whether this was posted.

Market Chatter: Construction Work at Tesla's Chinese Gigafactory Reportedly Stalls
MT NEWSWIRES 8:38 AM ET 12/26/2018
11:38 AM EST, 12/26/2018 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla (TSLA) signed a land leasing contract with local authorities in Shanghai to establish its first overseas gigafactory in China in mid-October but progress in the construction work has stalled.

A Twitter post from Beijing-based tabloid newspaper Global Times showed a 10-second video of what is believed to be the automaker's production facility. The caption partly reads "@Tesla's new Gigafactory in Lingang, Shanghai, shows no signs of ongoing construction work."

The Shanghai gigafactory is a major bet for the electric car maker as it attempts to improve its presence in the world's largest automotive market.

OT :

Just a counterpoint. It will take a lot of persuasion for someone like to me use autopilot. My wife was even against buying 3 - because of AP ! I had to tell her that I'm not buying the option and also use of it was optional, even if I bought it.
A well done ad campaign would hopefully explain that sort of thing.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) is a real thing. As soon as I see "Nazi" or "Hitler" in a person's post, I immediately view them as out of touch with reality, and put them about in the same category as a flat-Earther.

Trump is a buffoon. That's obvious. People losing touch with reality and losing their *sugar* over it are worse than Trump.

I come here to read about Tesla. Sucks I have to scroll through TDS displays.

he has been dogwhistling at and retweeting white supremacists for years. remember he was leading the birther charge against Obama, as well. if you don't think that was rooted in racism .. i don't know what to tell ya.

this is relevant to this thread because his buffoonery is directly affecting our stock price, and it's important to point out that this man is not just stupid, he is also willfully evil.

Wonder if the SEC might be looking at TSLA shorts as well
SEC fires warning shot against "short and distort" schemes | Insights | DLA Piper Global Law Firm

On September 12, 2018, the SEC filed a complaint alleging that George Lemelson and Massachusetts-based Lemelson Capital Management LLC issued false information about a company after Lemelson took a short position in the company on behalf of Amova Fund, a hedge fund he advised and partly owned. According to the SEC, as a result of Lemelson's short and distort scheme (using written reports, interviews, and social media), the company lost more than one third of its value.

The SEC alleges that the Lemelson defendants engaged in the following misconduct, which, if true, could be a textbook example of short-and-distort securities fraud:

Lemelson devised and carried out a fraudulent scheme in which he purchased "short positions" in the stock of Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and then sought to manipulate the stock price to make a profit.

Lemelson publicly disseminated a series of false statements about Ligand to drive down the price of the stock, while engaging in a series of purchases and sales of Ligand stock that enabled him to profit from the lowered stock price.

That's a ridiculous statement since he can literally affect the fate of the world. I think another version of TDS may be Trump Denial Syndrome...

Took a bite at 305 today and finished my tsla position with a bigger move at 295. That makes my total tsla investment's average price a bit above 300, which is right about where I wanted to be. That'll be all I've got for this stock and now i'm just along for the ride. I'm really glad I got a chance to make a move on tsla around this price. I remember after elon's joe rogan experience, that was still a time I wasn't exactly a tesla fan, but the investor in me was very interested around that price. Honestly, I wasn't sure it was going to see under 300 again so I'm glad I got this opportunity. Basically I summarize my thoughts on this stock as follows: it could bounce around the 2xx range, I could see that happening, but that's about as bad as it gets in my opinion unless there is a big catastrophe with tesla or with the macros. But in the long run, I think this company is killing it product wise and proving they can produce and profit. There is tesla, and then there is all the other manufactures bundled up in a big generic looking bag with a label on it that says 'not a tesla'. That's how I think a lot of consumers are going to think about car purchases going forward. "Should I get a tesla? If not, I'm going just get whatever other traditional company gives me the absolute bottom dollar". Tesla is now the only brand that truly stands out. I honestly think we could see the base model 3 become like the toyota camry/honda accords rise to dominance and ubiquity if they can keep the price affordable. And beyond that, for those who have the money, tesla is and will continue to eat up the luxury market. That's just too good a future to not get a piece of this action. I don't think the low on this stock is that much lower going forward, but I think the high could be much higher, and that's why i'm happy to be in now!

And thanks for the support on my first post btw. That surprised me. I do enjoy and will keep my mustang, but I foresee a used model s or new model 3 in my future as a daily.

Not a 100% certain outcome: with his dementia progressing Trump has already forgotten about conflicts and is easy to manipulate via praise - like a small child. (With access codes to nukes, alas)

The Political BS "might" be effecting the SP.....just a guess.

Bolded part is reason for my disagree with his post. And that type of rhetoric does NOT affect the stock price at all. (nor does it belong in Market action as neither does this post of mine; but it is where the discussion has taken place)

You can disagree with the Presidents' policies and have a respectful discussion about them without those kinds of demeaning comments. And to be 100% consistent with my views, I also disagree with the rhetoric the President himself uses. That doesn't prevent me from from seeing some of his policies as good, just like it doesn't prevent me from seeing the counter arguments some of the great contributors here provide. It's the nature of the insults I cant believe so many (including the President) continue to use, it frankly cheapens ones stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.