Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tsportline or Zink Uberturbine wheel touch up paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked into Tsportline and Zink, but ended up making my own with Testors model paint.

I've had great results with Testors model paint:

• 2 Parts Grey Graphite Metallic
  • 1 Part Gloss Black
  • Small dab of Flat Rubber

I got them from Hobby Lobby. Along with a small metal mixing bowl that had two spoons. Also need a small bottle of thinner to thin paint and clean up afterwards. You can fine tune the mixture in the bowl, then use a high quality natural bristle brush made for solvent based paints. Also a few pieces of sandpaper, and small bit of Bondo for deep gouges.

Maybe cost me $20 total for everything. And then you have lots of materials leftover for future touch ups.

The absolute key to making it look good is not so much the exact match of the paint, the key is getting the surface perfect. Sanding perfectly smooth, filling with Bondo, etc. If your surface is all gouged and scratched, and not perfectly sanded smooth, it will never look good even with a perfect paint match.

If you get touchup paint, and just paint over the gouged up rim, it's going to look bad. Need to prep the surface first. This job is 90% preparation, 10% painting.