Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline wheels for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at the 20" TS5 to replace my Uberturbine on my MYP. they look nice and cheap, but what's the trade off? are they poorly made and not as strong as other more expensive options such as Martian?
I had the TS5 with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3 Plus. The quality was fine. Tire tread lasted about 25k. They looked cool.

I sold them in 2023 because the ride was harsher/stiffer than the Uberturbine, they were noisier, and the same or worse efficiency. If you're looking for something better than the Uberturbine regarding efficiency, noise, and ride, then you'll want a wheel with a closed face, that's lighter, and a smaller wheel with a resulting taller tire wall.

I'm currently running the Uberturbine with the new all season tires and am very happy. I had grown tired of the previous TS5 & Michelin setup's wind noise and jarring ride.

If you're just looking for a wheel that looks cool, then it's fine.

Reactions: Noflash
I've been running a 21" TS5 square setup for the past 1.5 years now (26k miles) without any problems, and it still drives great to this day.

I first bought this setup before T Sportline started offering it, so in a way I was the guinea pig for it but I've proven it works well. Offset is perfect too and looks good with 265-35/21 A/S tires.

TMY3.jpg

Offset5.jpg
I was thinking of getting the same set but still keep it staggered. Was acceleration improved with the lighter setup?