Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline wheels for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BBCFA64D-3B9B-40AA-A5AC-8F42F1B04EA6.jpeg

can you shoot a pic so I can see the front windshield? My local tint dealer has 20% or 5% and I dont want to put 5% on the sides, but I love the 20% look. For reference, I have a red ext/white MYP on order. I was thinking of doing 35%-40% on the windshield myself with a 5% brow.

Reactions: ggunn9
How much do they effect range? I assume it would be SLIGHTLY positive over the 21s due to weight alone, but not like it matters all that much to me. Wanting to pick some up myself!

The weight difference is significant, and if you are running around town I would imagine that it has to improve efficiency (and therefore around-town range). However, most people care more about range on the road, and there weight hardly matters - aero is the big deal. I don't think they help in that department.

The weight difference should also slightly affect acceleration. But it wasn't enough that I noticed a difference when I put them on my MYP. A previous set on my M3P did make just enough difference to notice; maybe because the M3P is quicker to start with? I am not sure.

The weight difference is significant, and if you are running around town I would imagine that it has to improve efficiency (and therefore around-town range). However, most people care more about range on the road, and there weight hardly matters - aero is the big deal. I don't think they help in that department.

The weight difference should also slightly affect acceleration. But it wasn't enough that I noticed a difference when I put them on my MYP. A previous set on my M3P did make just enough difference to notice; maybe because the M3P is quicker to start with? I am not sure.

Gotcha. That makes sense. I mostly do around town personally, so that sounds pretty good. I did go ahead and order some of the TS5's this morning, so excited to get em sometime soon!

Both of our cars have TSportline wheels, no issues whatsoever. Our MYP has the 18" TSS, black - pic posted here - PPF Installers in MD/DC/VA

Our M3P has 19" TS5, black. They're the 9.5" versions, with slightly wider-than-normal 265/35-19. Again, no issues at all. Here are pics from earlier today. Not exactly the same for what you'll have on your Y, as the size is slightly different, but... a good excuse to share pics...

Oh! Almost forgot: when you order the wheels, they come standard with TSportline center caps - you can see them in my photos. They do have Tesla branded caps as well - they're extra $, but if you're going to get them, you should probably order them now, and have them installed when your wheels are installed (they need to be inserted before the wheel is mounted).

IMG_1928-1.jpg
IMG_1927.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Joe
What does squared mean?

Squared is same on both front and rear axle. Good if you want to be able to rotate tires all around.

Staggered is different. They can be different diameter/widths/offsets of the wheels and/or tires. Limits your options for rotating tires to side-to-side. Throw on some directional tires and you can forget rotating them.

The performance has +40 offset front while having wider tires on the back along with a +48 offset. Higher positive offset means the wheel will sit further into the body (from the hub face). A less positive or more negative offset will make it stick out more,

Squared is same on both front and rear axle. Good if you want to be able to rotate tires all around.

Staggered is different. They can be different diameter/widths/offsets of the wheels and/or tires. Limits your options for rotating tires to side-to-side. Throw on some directional tires and you can forget rotating them.
Yup. And the factory Y wheels are square for 19" / 20", staggered for 21".

TSportline offers square-setup for all sizes (Model 3 & Model Y), with a few staggered-setup options as well:
  • Model Y - 21"
  • Model 3 - 20"
  • Model 3 - 19"

Reactions: woolymammoth17