Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TUNEIN gone!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They had to regenerate my slacker credentials somehow. Apparently they send a list to slacker twice a week and a few days later Slacker authorizes the cars. Took almost a week but this morning all of a sudden streaming works again.
Did you have to pay monthly subscription for Slacker? I cant seem to get slacker to work on my 2016 MX. But had no problems on my 2014 MS before I sold it and I wasn't paying any subscriptions.

Actually, Tesla/Slacker does have a login, that is specific to each car. You can ask Tesla for that account information for your car. For example, if you switched to your own Slacker account, and then discontinued it and wanted to go back to the Tesla free premium account, you need the info from Tesla to enter it.

How did you get it back? I'm guessing contact them through service app right?
Yep. The summary is that I had the MCU2 upgrade done a few months ago, afterwards voice commands weren't working (but streaming was) and they had me do a factory reset. That fixed the voice command issue but broke music streaming. They eventually sent it to the remote service people, who said that "the Slacker account credentials will need to be resubmitted to Slacker for the vehicle". About a week later music streaming was working again, although I had to redo all my favorites. Interestingly songs I had marked with a "thumbs up" prior to the MCU2 upgrade still had the mark after the reset and slacker credential thing.