Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XM Radio and TuneIn “spinning wheel of death”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S (original owner) with software 2021.24.28. The XmRadio and TuneIn Audio Sources just show a “spinning wheel” and no contents show up. I can only swith to the XM source by professing one of the previously stored FAVORITES, but nothing shows on the recent channels/favorite/music/ etc on the left side of the screen. This same issue Is happenning with TuneIn Audio Source, but since I did not Have any of its stations selected as a favorite, I cannot even force the TuneIn Source to play. Any suggestions? Ih ave already done a soft and hard reset and nothing. .

Greetings, Msolomi. Do your 'Bluetooth' or 'USB' options function as expected? I noticed some quirkiness before I had my eMMC chip updated. Also, do you have the original MCU1 or have you upgraded to MCU2? When I installed the most recent update (2022...) on my 2014 Model S 60, my interface changed, and there are some streaming options that are missing, however I still have my SiriusXM functionality. I have MCU1 still, but I've lost my 3G LTE connectivity, so I need to upgrade to MCU2 so I don't have to use my phone's Mobile Hot Spot and WiFi (and I plan to keep FM radio and Sirius XM).

I have a 2013 Model S (original owner) with software 2021.24.28. The XmRadio and TuneIn Audio Sources just show a “spinning wheel” and no contents show up. I can only swith to the XM source by professing one of the previously stored FAVORITES, but nothing shows on the recent channels/favorite/music/ etc on the left side of the screen. This same issue Is happenning with TuneIn Audio Source, but since I did not Have any of its stations selected as a favorite, I cannot even force the TuneIn Source to play. Any suggestions? Ih ave already done a soft and hard reset and nothing. .
Does your MCU still have network connectivity? Mine disappeared when our 3G LTE service ended. By the way, I just had update 2022.8.10.1 installed. I have something called "Tidal", which I've never seen before.