Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tuxmat velcro fix for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did any other Tuxmat owners get a message about extra velcro pads being dispatched to deal with the clips not working in the Model 3? Has anyone installed them? My mats are still boxed in the garage awaiting the chilly season but curious how well they fit without this fix and how the velcro process goes.

Did any other Tuxmat owners get a message about extra velcro pads being dispatched to deal with the clips not working in the Model 3? Has anyone installed them? My mats are still boxed in the garage awaiting the chilly season but curious how well they fit without this fix and how the velcro process goes.
They fit great without. On the side along the console they may not rest flush against the console until you mount the velcro strip. On my driver's side it fits great and doesn't really require the velcro, on my passenger side there's about a 2cm gap at the widest but since I don't really notice it from my seat, I don't care. Will apply the fix when it arrives but no need for you to wait, the fit is great everywhere else and I'm sure you can live with a small gap for a couple of weeks. When I spoke to them a couple of days ago to activate my referral code (already given, so don't ask) they mentioned that they've already sent out the first batch of velcro fixes, so they're on their way.

Unlike bpjod, my driver's side there's a 2cm gap on either side of the mat, depending which side you push the mat up against. But pushing the mat against the centre console means exposing the carpet along side the bottom doorframe. Pushing it up the doorframe means that the mat encroaches on the accelerator pedal's space a little. The edge of my shoe ends up touching the mat when I move from brake to accelerator because of how close it is to the pedal. Still trying to figure out a way how to make this fit well. Fit could be a lot better. Isn't an issue in the passenger side though.

Yes, I did receive an email from TuxMat but haven't received the Velcro pads. Hasn't been too much of a problem as I've used the clips they provided however the Velcro pads should be an improvement.
Very happy with the product so far but will know better when winter arrives.

Reactions: Falkirk
I received mine but have not installed them yet. I am curious about how they will work since we are talking about stick adhesive to carpet. When I remove the liners to clean them I wonder if will both sides of the velcro come with them. The pile on the console side is tight so maybe the adhesive is good enough to some how keep one side of the velcro mounted but not so strong that the surface is damaged once I decide I no longer want to use the liners.

Regardless, I am please with the liners as is but the fit is not perfect.

I have not received a notification of this but hope to get one. I would love velcro strips, as the small round velcro patches aren't strong enough