Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Twitter and the Chief Twit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things I don't understand:

(i) why EVs seem to have become a political wedge issue (well I suppose someone somewhere is making money or gaining votes by making it so)
(ii) why the right wing seem to hate EVs (a generalisation to be sure) but Elon, who in fairness seems to gravitate to that part of the spectrum is Lord EV

It's very confusing
As an outside observer ie not American. It would appear that politics has got so polarised in the USA that they both sides automatically need to take opposing positions on absolutely everything to the degree that it's nigh on impossible to get anything done. Throw in the politised news outlets & social media megaphones, just throwing hate & 'fake news' bollox at each other.

As far as right wing EV hatred I suspect big oil lobbyists and the fact it was the democrats who came up with the 'green' inflation reduction act, which immediately makes it bad for many on the right wing.

I find it rather sad, wish all parties would take a chill pill and find some common ground but sadly I think it's gone beyond that.

I'm getting it on another bulletin board too; one that spans many countries. Mind you the British ones coming out with all the anti-EV bollocks are pretty much the same ones on the brexit thread who (and this is hard to believe) think brexit was (and still is) a good idea [1]

I'm constantly fighting off the nonsense aout charging times, electrocution if it's raining, car parks collapsing willy nilly, tyre particluate matter killing people in droves, the inability to obtain insurance, range woes, instant conflagrations etc etc etc. It's just so disheartening

[1] apologies for that one if you count yourself amongst them, but I couldn't resits ... plus it's true!

I'm getting it on another bulletin board too; one that spans many countries. Mind you the British ones coming out with all the anti-EV bollocks are pretty much the same ones on the brexit thread who (and this is hard to believe) think brexit was (and still is) a good idea [1]

I'm constantly fighting off the nonsense aout charging times, electrocution if it's raining, car parks collapsing willy nilly, tyre particluate matter killing people in droves, the inability to obtain insurance, range woes, instant conflagrations etc etc etc. It's just so disheartening

[1] apologies for that one if you count yourself amongst them, but I couldn't resits ... plus it's true!
Some of it is not an accident, it's perhaps no surprise which states would prefer us to keep using petrol for as long as possible and are prepared to manipulate social media. Oil makes a huge difference to many economies, don't expect them to just let electrification and renewables remove their war funds.

Then they exploit the folks that are easily manipulated, entirely standard stuff for social media campaigns.