Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two Tesla Model 3 Reservations. Ready to Configure.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello TMC,

Not sure if this is the right place or even allowed, but figure I would post it see what happens. I purchased two Model 3 reservations the first day available, March 31, 2016. The cars are both ready to be designed now and delivery is in 3-6 weeks. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am looking to sell the reservations.

Since I have two reservations, the best way to protect you and I, and ensure that you are able to get tax credit ($7,500 federal and $2,500 California) on both is to find someone that would like both reservations. I am asking $5000 for both (this includes the $2000 in deposits I already put down).

If interested please give me a call and I'm sure we can both get comfortable with this deal. 408-438-0104.
Tesla Res 1.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Byron

• Funny
Reactions: melindav
So are you looking to purchase the cars and then transfer them? Because unless something has changed, you can’t legally (per Tesla) transfer reservations. (Some exceptions in a family, etc.)

I would transfer my whole Tesla account as well as associated neutral email account to new owner. I have done some research and it looks like people are being successful with this approach.

I'm in the process of doing so. But to my dad. I asked if I could for a cousin with a different last name (out of curiosity). Tesla doesn't seem to care. Rep just said to have them set up their own Tesla account, and once all the info was loaded in, he could manually transfer it over. Note, the non-refundable $2500 has already been paid and car is ready to be scheduled for delivery. I dunno what would happen if the car hasn't been ordered yet.

• Informative
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
So you're asking for $1,500 per invite, with a minimum purchase requirement of 2? That seems excessively high, unless they're performance/AWD invites.

You can do the "Performance" model. 64K. I just looked on Ebay and they were going between $1500-2000, the last 10 sold. I'm open to OBO, was hoping to avoid Ebay fee's and most people I have dealt with on Craigslist have been pretty flaky.

You can do the "Performance" model. 64K. I just looked on Ebay and they were going between $1500-2000, the last 10 sold. I'm open to OBO, was hoping to avoid Ebay fee's and most people I have dealt with on Craigslist have been pretty flaky.
You better sell them quick then! The rumor is they're going to invite everyone soon so they can load up on performance sales in Q3. That's why the delivery estimates are so long right now.

You better sell them quick then! The rumor is they're going to invite everyone soon so they can load up on performance sales in Q3. That's why the delivery estimates are so long right now.

I just listed them on ebay for $4500. Considering fees I would take $4000 outside of ebay. I think $1,000 a piece is pretty reasonable to jump to the front of the line. I'll see what happens. If anyone is interested, my cell is 408-438-0104.