Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Type of center line affects AP lane centering??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
So since I have had my car I noticed sometimes AP centers my car really well in lane and sometimes it hugs the center line. This has remained consistent through all my updates .
I think I have found a correlation to what kind of center line there is and how centered my car is when using AP .

It appears ( I have documented with pics over several trips the last 30 days or so ) that when there is a double line , the car hugs the center line. It can be a double solid (most pronounced) but it can also be one dotted and one solid .

The visualization will show the blue line is on the near side center line (line on my side of lane) but the car appears to center between the far center line and the side of the road line instead on the near center line and edge of road .

As soon as the the double center line goes down to one line , the car immediately moves back to center of lane.

I am attaching pics of the 2 condition's for reference.

This maybe a known "issue" but I have not read anything about and I wonder what can I do about? Tesla service texts have yet to seem like they really care what symptoms i describe...lol

Wondering if anyone else has or can make the same correlation ?

Below are 2 pics on same stretch of road with in a few minutes of each other (when ever the lines changed)

20200920_190611.jpg
20200920_190622.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: David29