Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tysons Corner Tesla supercharger question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
We plan to be traveling to Tysons Virginia. Does anyone know whether there are Tesla superchargers we can use in the parking lot/garage at Tysons corner center.?

I know there are some in Falls Church but I wondered if there are some in the mall while we shop?

I didn’t see it show up on my nav screen in my car.

Thanks

Hi
We plan to be traveling to Tysons Virginia. Does anyone know whether there are Tesla superchargers we can use in the parking lot/garage at Tysons corner center.?

I know there are some in Falls Church but I wondered if there are some in the mall while we shop?

I didn’t see it show up on my nav screen in my car.

Thanks
Plugshare.com is your go to source for locating chargers, whether superchargers or otherwise.

Thanks. I see there are 8 but seems to be the slow type. There’s a sign that says call some number before charging. Are there fees for these? It’s not clear. Thanks again.
There are eight destination chargers in the C deck parking garage. During the week they are full all the time. Two replacement units were not set right and only charge at 8 MPH. I use them on a regular basis.
the Falls church SC is within a mile or so. I charged there last night in route to my friends house.

there are four DC fast chargers near the Tesla destination chargers. Electrfy America? EV Go? I never looked at them. Bright green lights on the charger

Reactions: saz25
Thanks. I see there are 8 but seems to be the slow type. There’s a sign that says call some number before charging. Are there fees for these? It’s not clear. Thanks again.
Usually plugshare entries will show associated costs (if any), and if not explicitly stated, sometimes people will check in and report what the costs are/were. Usually L2 chargers at amenities like shopping centers are free (subsidized by the mall to get patrons to visit), and Tesla destination chargers are almost always free. You can also consult the charging network site(s) to see what the associated costs are. For example, if you see a charger listed as ChargePoint, you can consult the ChargePoint site for cost information.

As for the 8 destination chargers you mentioned being "slow", yes, they are not Superchargers, but for a multi-hour shopping trip, they are far more appropriate than a Supercharger that you would have to move your car after 20-30 minutes anyway. In 2-3 hours you will likely recover over 100 miles of range. If you need more, then yes, stop at a nearby Supercharger on the way for a brief fast charge (to 50-60%), and then finish off at the destination charger while you shop.

Reactions: saz25