Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see they offer silver too. If the Uberturbine vendors offered silver, I probably would have gotten one in silver and it would have saved a lot of work painting. That sport wheel design however seems a lot more open, so I wonder if the aero would be a bit worse than the Uberturbine or the Aeros.
do you mean worse in mileage?

few pages ago in this thread someone posted a video about the mileage.. it says that the uberturbine is alot better. You're right though that the sport wheel has more spaces in between.

Personally i don't see any difference between aeros and ubertubines.. and minor differences having just regular rims. (all 18's)

i'm kinda liking this new design, but they're a bit more expensive than the uberturbines edition. by $100 (the lower price ones have high shipping cost)

That sport wheel design however seems a lot more open, so I wonder if the aero would be a bit worse than the Uberturbine or the Aeros.

From the link:
Sd54d593019254d45957ad08df6bb9abeA.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Reactions: jamesxtxt
do you mean worse in mileage?

few pages ago in this thread someone posted a video about the mileage.. it says that the uberturbine is alot better. You're right though that the sport wheel has more spaces in between.

Personally i don't see any difference between aeros and ubertubines.. and minor differences having just regular rims. (all 18's)

i'm kinda liking this new design, but they're a bit more expensive than the uberturbines edition. by $100 (the lower price ones have high shipping cost)
Yes, I mean worse in mileage for this new design given the spokes are so open. I have Uberturbines already, I didn't notice any worse performance, it performs about the same as the Aeros.

There are other cover designs that are open (some look almost the same as stock), but I didn't opt for those since it seems like they would cause a noticeable hit in efficiency.

Hey all,
Figured I'd add to the pic library on these covers. Still on the hunt for all gray embossed center caps, these aren't 100% to my liking. Interesting tidbit about these covers; they don't have the metal clips but rather just plastic clips molded into the back often cover. Pretty sure one broke upon install so I don't think these will stand up to multiple removals and reinstalls. Just my $0.02.
IMG_6757.jpg

Reactions: nightfly3
Hey all,
Figured I'd add to the pic library on these covers. Still on the hunt for all gray embossed center caps, these aren't 100% to my liking. Interesting tidbit about these covers; they don't have the metal clips but rather just plastic clips molded into the back often cover. Pretty sure one broke upon install so I don't think these will stand up to multiple removals and reinstalls. Just my $0.02.View attachment 914476
Nice Covers! will you share where you found the 10 spokes in gray?

Looks good but I wish the center caps matched. Are those the oem tesla caps or something else? How is the fit? Does the foam line up correctly?

Thanks!
Hiya those are aftermarket center caps. Our wheel covers don't come with center caps included but you are able to fit a center cap of your choice. OEM Tesla center cap fits, along with aftermarket center caps as long as they are the same size as OEM. Here's a photo of how our wheel cover looks like with OEM center caps. We have felt tape already installed on each of the attachment clips and foam on the outer edge of the wheel cover. The felt actually makes installing / removing easier while also protecting the wheel from scratches. We tested lots of different foam and felt tapes and the felt tape was definitely better.

s__32669712-jpg.916999

s__32669711-jpg.917000

8-jpg.915158

Reactions: ss71
Hello all, just noticed two different styles. One is glossy black (claiming to be matte black) and has a ring around the center caps; while the other is matte black without a ring. My question is which one is the OEM style and is there any other difference? Adding two photos
20230324_192456.jpg
20230327_104755.jpg

Hello all, just noticed two different styles. One is glossy black (claiming to be matte black) and has a ring around the center caps; while the other is matte black without a ring. My question is which one is the OEM style and is there any other difference? Adding two photos View attachment 921881View attachment 921883
Others posted the OEM Uberturbine, you be the judge which one is closer. I got the top one. It's closer in terms of the spokes going all the way to the edge, while the bottom one you show has a bit of a lip all the way around. The center cap however is closer in the second one, given it has a ring that makes it look more like the OEM (which actually is a separate cap).

Had mine installed today and noticed one of the metal clamp pieces just fell out of its place (doesn't perfectly connect with the plastic holder). I put it back in place and put the cover on the wheel without the piece falling out. Should I be worried the metal clamp will simply fall off again while driving and damage the tyre? Esthetically there is no difference...

Had mine installed today and noticed one of the metal clamp pieces just fell out of its place (doesn't perfectly connect with the plastic holder). I put it back in place and put the cover on the wheel without the piece falling out. Should I be worried the metal clamp will simply fall off again while driving and damage the tyre? Esthetically there is no difference...
If you bend the piece back to the right shape (assuming it was deformed) and slot it in the same way as the rest of the other metal pieces, then it shouldn't be possible to fall out again while the cover is on the wheel.

Just looking at a picture earlier in the thread, there is a plastic nub that goes through the hole in the metal piece and when the cover is installed that nub should be pressing against the wheel and it should be impossible for the metal piece to slip past that part.

just wanted to provide an update here before I delete my photos. Just did a tire rotation and tech removed covers. Looks like these clips break very easily compared to OEM covers.

Attachments

• 20230415_110025.jpg
    20230415_110025.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 20230415_110207.jpg
    20230415_110207.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 129