Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked close to the center cap. It seems a little different from this one I saw on Youtube. The center cap looks like it is closer to the uberturbine wheels.
1659939132116.png

Reactions: enemji
EPA rates the LR Model 3 as 250wh/mi right? That would be insane if these covers help that much lol...but I also did switch out to stickier Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s about 7 or 8 months ago. I'm not sure I'd personally see that much improvement

yeah pretty much. to hit EPA cosumption on the model 3 you have to hit around 150w/km which is a bit less than that but i guess doesnt include the buffer.
In the test the aliexpress covers were just v slightly better than the tesla covers. The orbitals are slightly better than no covers at all - back in the days that was kinda a surprise given that rimetrix advertised them having better efficiency than the stock aeros. But i guess there is a difference in the lab test and at low speeds they may indeed be slightly better. who knows.

Reactions: jrmt23
Has anyone tried these hubcaps? They look like the wheels of the Uberturbine. Do they hurt the rims?
View attachment 838009
There's an existing thread discussing this already:
Uberturbine Aero Covers

It shows actually up under "Is this already being discussed?" when you create a new thread. It's best to always check if there is an existing thread before posting new ones as it reduces clutter and helps ensure you won't miss any answers that might be already posted.

Uberturbine Aero Covers

It shows actually up under "Is this already being discussed?" when you create a new thread. It's best to always check if there is an existing thread before posting new ones as it reduces clutter and helps ensure you won't miss any answers that might be already posted.
Oh, I didn't note that. I just checked this thread. It seems no one tried these Uberturbine styles but others from Aliexpress.

Uberturbine Aero Covers

Oh, I didn't note that. I just checked this thread. It seems no one tried these Uberturbine styles but others from Aliexpress.

(moderator note)

Merged with thread referenced in @stopcrazypp post. The first post in the thread is a link to the same product linked

I'm pretty sure they are made from the same mold and maybe even the same manufacturer, just rebranded. The center cap is added on afterwards, so you can always swap for whatever you want.

See for example how it comes (no center cap):
Uberturbine Aero Covers

.. they may indeed be slightly better. who knows.

Got these today. These are the "Gun Ash" or dark grey color. Ordered from AliExpress on July 12th, so about one month for delivery.

Can I remove the center caps and replace them with the 52mm ones I see being sold. Are the center caps just applied with double sided adhesive tape or snapped in place? Can't tell from the back side.

Hubcap1.JPG

Hubcap2.JPG

Like these wheel caps in different colors..

Hubcap5.JPG

I noticed they are all missing the opposing metal clip. Maybe a newer design, not sure.

Hubcap3.JPG

Hubcap4.JPG

Hubcap6.JPG

Seller had them listed "Free Return", so "for any reason", I have 15 days to request a pre-paid return shipping label for return to USA address, as long as they are returned in unused condition.

Got these today. These are the "Gun Ash" or dark grey color. Ordered from AliExpress on July 12th, so about one month for delivery.

Can I remove the center caps and replace them with the 52mm ones I see being sold. Are the center caps just applied with double sided adhesive tape or snapped in place? Can't tell from the back side.

View attachment 839860

I noticed they are all missing the opposing metal clip. Maybe a newer design, not sure.

Seller had them listed "Free Return", so "for any reason", I have 15 days to request a pre-paid return shipping label for return to USA address, as long as they are returned in unused condition.

On MSM that color would look incredible. Did your covers come with the protective tape? Would love to see pics on the car!

Last edited:
Did your covers come with the protective tape? Would love to see pics on the car!
Yes, I found all the "protective tape" in the third box I opened (four individual boxes within one big box). The adhesive backed foam tape provided is very poor quality and maybe not suitable for this application. Was thinking about buying some 3M Paint Protective Film (PPF) and cutting it in strips, which I'd apply to the rims instead of the hubcaps.

The "Gun Ash" color paint looks metallic in bright light. Some very fine metallic sparkle.

Hubcap7.JPG

• Love
Reactions: ss71 and Maric

View attachment 839860

View attachment 839861

View attachment 839862

View attachment 839867

View attachment 839868

View attachment 839874

Where did you get the Tesla logo caps on the wheel covers? Do they come with the wheel cover?

Where did you get the Tesla logo caps on the wheel covers? Do they come with the wheel cover?
They came that way, already attached. I think you would need to discuss that directly with the seller by messaging before any purchase. AliExpress has a "no can do" policy about "look alike" or counterfeit items. Since my purchase, I noticed that the seller ( BLUEYANG Store ) has revised the listing to add a note saying...

Hubcap8.JPG

There are also different versions of this same product with minor variations. It could be that the manufacturer is making design changes for whatever reason. So, listing photos may be out of date. AliExpress sellers may not even be aware that features have changed slightly.

If you have a USA shipping address and want to play it safe, look for the Free Return icon just below the Add to Cart button.

Hubcap9.JPG

Reactions: Swaggy
They came that way, already attached. I think you would need to discuss that directly with the seller by messaging before any purchase. AliExpress has a "no can do" policy about "look alike" or counterfeit items. Since my purchase, I noticed that the seller ( BLUEYANG Store ) has revised the listing to add a note saying...

View attachment 840527

There are also different versions of this same product with minor variations. It could be that the manufacturer is making design changes for whatever reason. So, listing photos may be out of date. AliExpress sellers may not even be aware that features have changed slightly.

If you have a USA shipping address and want to play it safe, look for the Free Return icon just below the Add to Cart button.

View attachment 840541
Thanks! Super helpful and appreciate it!