Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Wheel Market Price Going Up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the Highland Edition Model 3 expected to come out soon, does that mean the supply of Uberturbine wheels will go down, making them more valuable? Because I have them in storage and was wondering if I should sell them now or wait till later xD

Most likely not considering there's probably a ton out there as is. I have the the 2020 M3P with the older gunmetal stilletto 20" performance wheels. Those seem more rare than the current Uberturbines, but the value is around the same as any other type of wheel. Maybe just harder to come by.

This is not ment as moderation content, its just a regular post, ment as a regular member here. With that out of the way, this thread and speculation seems to be some sort of attempt to make your used wheels more valuable by trying to start that as a discussion ("speak it into existence" as the saying goes).

There are waay too many of these (and they are not universally loved) for them to appreciate in value, and trying to speculate as such isnt going to change that.

I see a ton of Uberturbine wheels on the street and now there are even covers for the 18" (I have them) that are Ubertubine style. As such I don't see them ever appreciating in value, as it's way too common.

If you have a set of mint Zero Gs that might actually have some chance of at least retaining value.

I see a ton of Uberturbine wheels on the street and now there are even covers for the 18" (I have them) that are Ubertubine style. As such I don't see them ever appreciating in value, as it's way too common.

If you have a set of mint Zero Gs that might actually have some chance of at least retaining value.
If you don’t mind, can you share which ones you got and how you like them? I like the covers but the amount of options are overwhelming.

If you don’t mind, can you share which ones you got and how you like them? I like the covers but the amount of options are overwhelming.

I bought from an Amazon seller Yikun (fulfilled by Amazon, I made sure to choose that option so that I can easily return if any issues) and it was $250 at the time and they only had black (not gray).
Uberturbine Aero Covers
They are less expensive now, and lot more vendors, including some that post in these forums:
Vendor - Kavanic Uberturbine style wheel cover for 18” Model 3 Aero Wheels (Available in US Canada & EU)

I spray painted mine silver (masking off some areas to make the spokes stand out more), but it's a lot of work, so you may not opt for doing that.
Uberturbine Aero Covers

Generally there appears to be two styles (ignoring color options).

1) The style I bought and I believe is the first type that came out, which has the recessed area go all the way to the edge:
716tKPxXrfL._AC_SY355_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

2) This style (you can see there is a lip and the recessed areas don't go all the way to the edge):
61-v-Bn9FpL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDK6CS4Z/

If you care about them being symmetrical on both sides, there are also now options where they sell different covers for left and right so that they would face the same direction on both sides. The Yikun listing I gave appears to now be symmetrical.

Probably best to move discussion to the Uberturbine cover thread I linked where many can give their experience.

Reactions: sightman