Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uhhh i just picked up an inventory white a stealth p with 19 inch wheels for 51,990.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was highlighting my prediction, and pointing out how your post falls directly in line with what I predicted, and hopeful that you would look at it, and if you get to keep your price, keep it to yourself instead of providing it here as "another data point". As I said, it wont do anything other than stir up another sh!*storm, because there will be no rhyme or reason why some very few people get to get some version of these prices, while others wont.

All it will do is cause confusion, and outrage, and since I am fairly certain that at least SOMEONE from tesla monitor these boards, increase the chance that you (or anyone else who appears to be getting "the deal") ends up not getting it because of the visibility of it.

tin foil hat much

tin foil hat much

No, I have been here a year and see both how tesla operates AND how people whine here when they feel they have been wronged. My so far, both of my prediction posts seem to be right on the money... and if some get some version of "this deal" and others dont, you think there WONT be mass outrage here?

Thats not being paranoid, its understanding how humans work.

No, I have been here a year and see both how tesla operates AND how people whine here when they feel they have been wronged. My so far, both of my prediction posts seem to be right on the money... and if some get some version of "this deal" and others dont, you think there WONT be mass outrage here?

Thats not being paranoid, its understanding how humans work.

who cares about mass outrage. i'd rather have the datapoint....

and to your point, if you "understand how humans work", they'll post on here bragging whether you want them to or not.

who cares about mass outrage. i'd rather have the datapoint....

and to your point, if you "understand how humans work", they'll post on here bragging whether you want them to or not.

For what, exactly? And yes they most likely will, but if they are smart they will at least wait until AFTER they pick up their car, and get billed for it, since there is absolutely zero benefit for them to talk about it before hand.

For what, exactly? And yes they most likely will, but if they are smart they will at least wait until AFTER they pick up their car, and get billed for it, since there is absolutely zero benefit for them to talk about it before hand.

more data points is ALWAYS better, no matter what. Even the data points that might piss you off. Mommy must have sugar coated everything for you. It’s just life. Deal with it. Not everyone would get mad like you would.

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
I received a special discount when I bought my car last year that others were not getting. I kept very quiet about it until months after the transaction was completed. It was nice of them to make the offer to me and I did not want to create a lot of ill will to other buyers while it was happening.

curious how much was it and why? .

My advisor texted me a little bit ago saying Tesla will be honoring the original online price of 50,490.

Tesla Model 3 Performance + 18 Inch Rims
White paint. Black interior.

And no, this is not a brag. Ive actually had 2nd thoughts about the car and will probably end up opting for the SR+. I am going to sleep on the decision.

• Informative
Reactions: IceIceBaby
My advisor texted me a little bit ago saying Tesla will be honoring the original online price of 50,490.

Tesla Model 3 Performance + 18 Inch Rims
White paint. Black interior.

And no, this is not a brag. Ive actually had 2nd thoughts about the car and will probably end up opting for the SR+. I am going to sleep on the decision.

others in the thread have been told the same things by their advisor only to have them retract their statement later. not sure i’d be fully confident in what they say. have the adjusted the price in your account under payment method?

Also had this situation happen in San Diego with an "inventory" stealth performance, White Exterior/Black interior. Ive been told 3 different things from 3 different people at Tesla. I am now speaking with a second advisor after my first one went on "PTO" with no notice. Second guy let me know to wait till Tuesday (today) and he would give me a call with a final answer.

This whole situation is very indicative to how Telsa communicates (or fails to communicate) to their sales staff.

The website pricing for these 2020 stealth performance changes overnight, sales staff are told to go by the website, then cars priced by corporate at the old rate appear in inventory and no one knows what to do with these things.

If you have not realized it already most everyone working at Telsa find out about changes the same day we consumers do and struggle to get a clear answer the same way we do.

Reactions: jjrandorin
This one is such a bummer for me, especially being in NJ where I thought I was getting the P3D- with the 19" wheels. I just don't understand how they dump a 100 or so performance 3s at 4am just to sell them all but retract all these 'mistake' ones. But this is my first experience with Tesla so I'm starting to see it's not the first time the messed up like this. I tried escalating the issue with my local SA but seem to be getting nowhere. Like someone else said on this thread they were offered 'special pricing' so I was hopeful I could potentially get that. Given that the true performance is $1,990 higher than my rebate threshold I'm still holding out hope that I can make enough of a stink to get them to agree to some sort of offer - maybe order the LRAWD and get the stealth? idk, but gonna keep working away at them.

At the end of the day, for NJ residents getting a performance 3, stealth or true, for under 55k makes the purchase far better than anything on the used market at the moment.

The 2019 pricing for the Stealths made it an incredible value and yes especially with the new NJ rebate.
If I were you I and had purchased one of those that appeared ; I would wait it out a week and see what happens.

Getting angry at the sales staff won't get you anywhere. They have little to no power/authority to get you a special deal so pissing one off does you no favors. They are as confused as you are about this most likely but cannot really admit that.
This is a corporate issue out of their control and I am not convinced it is settled yet one way or the other.

Reactions: JasonR67
This one is such a bummer for me, especially being in NJ where I thought I was getting the P3D- with the 19" wheels. I just don't understand how they dump a 100 or so performance 3s at 4am just to sell them all but retract all these 'mistake' ones. But this is my first experience with Tesla so I'm starting to see it's not the first time the messed up like this. I tried escalating the issue with my local SA but seem to be getting nowhere. Like someone else said on this thread they were offered 'special pricing' so I was hopeful I could potentially get that. Given that the true performance is $1,990 higher than my rebate threshold I'm still holding out hope that I can make enough of a stink to get them to agree to some sort of offer - maybe order the LRAWD and get the stealth? idk, but gonna keep working away at them.

At the end of the day, for NJ residents getting a performance 3, stealth or true, for under 55k makes the purchase far better than anything on the used market at the moment.

If I were in your shoes, I would keep (politely) asking. As I said a few times up thread, its my belief that "some lucky few" will likely end up getting "something", with no rhyme or reason as to why they get it while most are told "no, sorry". Maybe you can be one of those lucky ones. Given that NJ rebate which is "significant", If I lived there, I would also be trying to stay below the threshhold, and would order a car without FSD to get as much car as I could for the price... especially since you can tack that stuff on later.