Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UI_a112 - USB device malfunction - I/O Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My computer was replaced and didnt fix the issue. I think people that got their computers fixed did so a few months back before Tesla knew what the problem is. Now that they know its a software problem and SCs have an internal memo on it, its unlikely they'll replace anything for this issue. Will just tell you to wait.
I'm in arbitration w/ Tesla for this issue, asking them to replace my 2020 Model 3 computer. What did you have to do to get Tesla to replace the computer? Multiple service visits? Did you get any explanation about the issue? thanks
@diamonddave64 , it’s software issue most likely. Did you try the trick of waking your car via Tesla mobilebphone app & preconditioning cabin to desired temp before opening the doors? If that works then you can adjust your arbitration claim to be more correct. The two people I know of who had computer replaced still have the issue.

@diamonddave64 , it’s software issue most likely. Did you try the trick of waking your car via Tesla mobilebphone app & preconditioning cabin to desired temp before opening the doors? If that works then you can adjust your arbitration claim to be more correct. The two people I know of who had computer replaced still have the issue.
Yes I've been trying the wake the car via app work-around, and that does seem to work.

Bizarre. So waking your car by opening the door handle is somehow different than waking the car via the app? I'd love to know more about that....