Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q2 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if we get a free Spotify account with our MP3’s - I thought we did but for some reason it only asks for my personal account log in?
Takes a little while I think, mine was a few hours then at bottom of screen there is a button for Tesla Spotify !!
Does anyone know what the extra set of mud flaps in the boot are for ? Front or rear and how to fit them ??

Well I have only just come back from being out all day with the car.

Firstly, great tip on the supercharger being free before the app is activated. Because I was getting mine delivered, Tesla sends an email asking you to sign it to confirm you have taken delivery and to activate your app. Well of course I purposely did not sign the delivery confirmation until a few hours later so I suggest anyone who is getting a delivery and wants to get a full tank, delay signing the delivery confirmation until after you have filled up.

I have taken about a dozen people out for a spin today, someone already mentioned it here, its literally a swear pedal because guaranteed, someone will swear once they feel the acceleration.

I haven't even taken many photos today, just been busy driving about.....its surpassed the expectations and all those lucky owners who are still waiting, you are almost there, trust me, it will be worth the wait!

Just about to go out again to get the missus friend for a spin, last one for the day, felt like a taxi all day but a more fun one lol

Well, what a day!

Got my delivery declaration early this morning, then nothing, absolutely nothing until about 2pm when a text came through to track my delivery.

A completely uneventful delivery. He backed it off the trailer then onto my drive, handed over the key cards and then took a picture of the number plates and each wheel. Done, nothing else to do.

I meticulously checked the car and I only have one verdict... perfection, well other than a little bit of glue residue on the inside of the roof glass. Not a problem, it will be easy enough to remove.

Off we went, all four of us, on a 100 mile trip to the coast for fish and chips (not in the car obviously). I hadn't driven a Tesla pair to today and I am speechless, the acceleration is somewhere between a missile and light speed, it tried to pull the skin off my body! Truly amazed. I recieved the car with 120 miles, which was around 35%. Got back with 9 miles left and then off to a local free 50Kw charger to test the charging ability.

Mine has PWS, no passenger lumbar support, I won't have much need for that as I won't be using that seat very much

Those of you who are eagerly awaiting delivery, you will be amazed when it arrives, you're in for a very special treat.

Attachments

• IMG-20210618-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20210618-WA0017.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG-20210618-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20210618-WA0020.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 45
Well, what a day!

Got my delivery declaration early this morning, then nothing, absolutely nothing until about 2pm when a text came through to track my delivery.

A completely uneventful delivery. He backed it off the trailer then onto my drive, handed over the key cards and then took a picture of the number plates and each wheel. Done, nothing else to do.

I meticulously checked the car and I only have one verdict... perfection, well other than a little bit of glue residue on the inside of the roof glass. Not a problem, it will be easy enough to remove.

Off we went, all four of us, on a 100 mile trip to the coast for fish and chips (not in the car obviously). I hadn't driven a Tesla pair to today and I am speechless, the acceleration is somewhere between a missile and light speed, it tried to pull the skin off my body! Truly amazed. I recieved the car with 120 miles, which was around 35%. Got back with 9 miles left and then off to a local free 50Kw charger to test the charging ability.

Mine has PWS, no passenger lumbar support, I won't have much need for that as I won't be using that seat very much

Those of you who are eagerly awaiting delivery, you will be amazed when it arrives, you're in for a very special treat.
Great first day review.

Got to say though, you’ve got nerves of steel arriving home with 9 miles of range left. I’m still in full range anxiety mode….. oh crap I’ve only got 120 miles left and I’ve got nowhere to go….. best nip to the supercharger.

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB and browellm
Great first day review.

Got to say though, you’ve got nerves of steel arriving home with 9 miles of range left. I’m still in full range anxiety mode….. oh crap I’ve only got 120 miles left and I’ve got nowhere to go….. best nip to the supercharger.
In fairness I have use of a BMWi3 (not that I like it) at work so have all but eradicated range anxiety as a result.

Thanks👍

Reactions: PSmigg
In fairness I have use of a BMWi3 (not that I like it) at work so have all but eradicated range anxiety as a result.

Thanks👍
Yeah fair enough. I guess my thing is that I don’t quite trust the reported range yet. It’s like having a phone that would say 10% charge left but then shuts off because it’s not calibrated correctly. I know they’re two different things but I just don’t quite trust it yet.

Finding a petrol station was always the underlying reassurance that you could be back on your way again in minutes. With this, even if you find a decent charge point, unless it’s a Supercharger you’ve got to factor in hours.

Reactions: ReamBlueM3P
Car arrived and it's perfect :) can't find any problems at all. I was worried it might seem slow as our test drive was in the LR but it put a huge smile on my face. Got the tracking link ten minutes after delivery but the driver called to say he was nearly here. No passenger lumbar support and delivered with 69% charge. Just seems to have an alert saying it was booked in at Leeds service centre this morning so hope that disappears soon.

IMG-20210619-WA0005~2.jpg

PXL_20210619_113257088.MP~2.jpg

What’s the general consensus on how picky we should be with the odd few marks and blemishes that are bound to be on there?

Mine on the whole is really good, panels are great etc and the paintwork looks good. However, there are some scratches on the passenger side of the windscreen. They’re not proper chips or cracks, but there’s like 3 marks that look like stones have hit it maybe on the back of the delivery lorry. On the whole they’re pretty minor so I’d feel a bit of a moaner telling Tesla about it but ignoring my Britishness, I’ve just paid £62k so maybe I should do?

What would they even do though? I’m pretty sure the only remedy would be a whole new windscreen so that’s quite drastic, so maybe it’ll be “within spec”.

Maybe I should just get on with it, but if it was say a new iPhone with any blemishes it would go straight back. Totally different things I guess though.

Also, it seems to be coming off but there’s like this covering of fine grit marks over the car. Maybe again due to delivery but it’s like covered in fine sand which I thought had scratched it but they’re coming away with a lot of elbow grease. I wonder what that’s from.