Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2021 Model 3 Q3 collection and delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meet Trinity everyone

Panel gaps are great just one rear light slightly recessed, paint is perfect, very happy

IMG_2334.jpg

Looks lovely! One thing I cannot stand is those number plate holders! I hope they are easy to remove.
I think I have seen a YouTube showing them being removed. It is the first thing I am doing. The is a second mount behind the first that can be left on and will take a standard stick on plate. Alternatively remove that and fill two screw holes and use thin flexible stick on plates if they are still legal.

I think I have seen a YouTube showing them being removed. It is the first thing I am doing. The is a second mount behind the first that can be left on and will take a standard stick on plate. Alternatively remove that and fill two screw holes and use thin flexible stick on plates if they are still legal.

same I just watched one. Looks easy! I have ordered stock on plates so will be removing the mount too.
Any ideas how to fill the holes?
I've removed the aero covers and that's it for the moment as we're off to France at 6am with 32 miles on t

How hard/easy was it to remove?

Seen some YouTube videos showing how much harder the 2021 MIC aero covers are to take off. RSEV on Youtube who is quite a prominent Tesla business owner has said it's very difficult and he's cut his hand open trying it!!
They’re tricky enough to get off, does take a wee bit of force but be sensible and try to work some of the clips off before pulling to release the centre cap bit but they will come off.

If you plan to take them off, do it fairly soon after delivery as over time they scratch and damage the underlying alloy wheel surfaces

Picked up my LR (red, 19in wheels) from Belfast just over a week ago. No issues at all, seems perfect, except the bonnet seemed a little hazy with light microscratches which I put down to poor wash/prep prior to delivery

I’d the car booked in with a local detailer who machine polished the whole car and ceramic coated it which has resulted in a hugely improved finish. He said the bonnet and bootlid had had some machine polishing done prior to
delivery but they’d corrected everything.

Compared to the SR+ I’d bought a month or so ago there’s no rattles, seems pretty well put together.

The car came with a black 4 metre Type-2 cable (in a bag with a Tesla part number), compared to the 4.5m Blue Mennekes cable my previous SR+ came with.
Thinking of getting mine ceramic coated

what kinda cost was in this?

My LR was delivered yesterday morning. Really happy with it, panel gaps, paint finish interior all great. Arrived with about 128 miles of charge & 7 miles on the clock. Delivered by AnyVan contractor & arrived earlier than the SMS stated, was supposed to be arriving 'between 14.08 & 18.08' but actually arrived about 11.30am! The SMS with the AnyVan tracking link arrived 2 hours after the car...
Reason given for early delivery was that the first car they were scheduled to collect yesterday from Brent Cross - couldn't be found! So they moved on to the next one which was mine. Not complaining though! Turns out the first one wasn't actually at Brent Cross - was at Ealing.
All those that are still waiting for their cars to arrive - it is well worth the wait!