Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Model 3 Long Range Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not reading too much into it. Although if the quality of the on-board car software is reflected in the EDD algorithm, it might be disappointing (or dangerous) 🤣.

Whilst waiting, I'm curious to hear from others who have already collected about the experience. When you come to book your collection, does it have to be on a specific day set by Tesla or do they give options?

Also as we've all had plenty of time to wait, has anyone considered modifications to their M3LR? I've been exploring everything from tinted back windows to vinyl wraps, painted callipers and decals to cover up that wooden dashboard detail. I'd be interested to hear what others are exploring...
FWIW my experience was like this... (notes in footer but here's the longer version, minus a couple of hiccup details)

Ordered 18/19th Feb and I think the original EDD was June. I had a couple of date changes but it reverted to back to June before I got a text on 24 March offering a collection on 26 March. Had issue with current car trade-in private plate as hadn't yet removed it (with June EDD in mind) so mad rush to sort. Plenty of calls from Tesla who were super-helpful. Pushed collection date to 30 March. They were flexible in all ways, just wanted me to take the car.

30 March, turned up in my A250e trade-in. Abandoned it somewhere, spoke to staff on site, signed iPad, gave them my keys, they gave me key cards and App updated. Place was empty but for a few other super-excited kids (adults) with that Christmas morning look on their faces, looking for others to share their excitement.

Located car, checked it over, small question about boot seal cleared up as a design feature for power tail lift. Car perfect, no swirl marks, panel gaps or other issues as most folk on forum here seem to believe is the norm not the exception. See thumbnail for collection day photo.

Drove off and hit Hopwood Park supercharger to break my cherry.

Once home, filled all the cubby's with the accessories stacked in my office😂.

Week later replaced private plate once V5 turned up.

Week after that got rear windows and roof tinted.

In two minds about dash cover🤔. Seen some sticky wraps which look better than the clip on plastic ones but would like to see more pics really?

Been a dream ever since, when my wife doesn't keep pinching it for work as her car has gone awaiting an MY.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Was contacted by Tesla the other day. Apparently I had not completed all the steps in order for me to be allocated to a car. The only thing outstanding is a valuation for my trade in. Their mistake. Got a bit excited for a moment. Just checked the app and my EDD has been pushed to November 14-December 29 :eek::rolleyes:😭
Hope it gets updated soon to a closer date

Was contacted by Tesla the other day. Apparently I had not completed all the steps in order for me to be allocated to a car. The only thing outstanding is a valuation for my trade in. Their mistake. Got a bit excited for a moment. Just checked the app and my EDD has been pushed to November 14-December 29 :eek::rolleyes:😭
Hope it gets updated soon to a closer date
You and me both haha, same day of order but I ordered a red one/black interior we are a day apart on EDD

Seems like tesla Uk keeps having fun with my EDD. Lol.
Until this morning it had been Aug 7-sep6 for about a month. Today it has changed to aug 6 - sep 5. Considering the earliest ship arrives on aug 15-16 in Southampton I still struggle to see the point in my last two edd updates.