Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, I ordered a YLR on the 25th Jan, blue, white interior with 20s and the Tesla website estimated Feb-Mar. The lease company are telling me now its more likely going to be the end of May. Has anyone ordered this spec recently and what was the timeframes?

You’ve gotten the VIN already? Do you mind me asking when you received the message that your vin was assigned?
Nope, no VIN yet. I have my delivery date confirmed. VIN and Reg no. will follow in due course.

Even if it was not for hire but purchase, how much difference would 72vs 23 plate make?
None at all. It is only a difference of two digits on a plastic plate after all. However, having been trying to organise my replacement car for almost a year, if I'm now this close to having a new registration, I may as well take it and have the first of a new reg rather than the last of an old one. Silly I know!

My timeline for ordering so far, seems it's been very quick compared to some other comments I have seen here (and indeed compared to previous experience ordering Model 3 SR+). This is for Model Y SR, Red with black (basic) interior.

29-Dec-2022: Placed order on employer portal
3-Jan-2023: Got confirmation from lease co. (Leaseplan)
4-Jan-2023: Got request from Tesla to create an account
9-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla asking for confirmation of address for delivery
18-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla confirming delivery date (23rd-Feb) and address
19-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla with data and address again and that their carrier will get in touch closer to time
20-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla with VIN and registration no.
26-Jan-2023: email from lease co. to let me know they have cancelled the order as prices have changed and that I can reorder the same specs to keep my place in the queue
31-Jan-2023: Employer portal finally synced with leaseplan and I was able to reorder the car, also got confirmation from them that they have now matched my order against their order to Tesla

My timeline for ordering so far, seems it's been very quick compared to some other comments I have seen here (and indeed compared to previous experience ordering Model 3 SR+). This is for Model Y SR, Red with black (basic) interior.

29-Dec-2022: Placed order on employer portal
3-Jan-2023: Got confirmation from lease co. (Leaseplan)
4-Jan-2023: Got request from Tesla to create an account
9-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla asking for confirmation of address for delivery
18-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla confirming delivery date (23rd-Feb) and address
19-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla with data and address again and that their carrier will get in touch closer to time
20-Jan-2023: Text from Tesla with VIN and registration no.
26-Jan-2023: email from lease co. to let me know they have cancelled the order as prices have changed and that I can reorder the same specs to keep my place in the queue
31-Jan-2023: Employer portal finally synced with leaseplan and I was able to reorder the car, also got confirmation from them that they have now matched my order against their order to Tesla
I’m very similar except ordered via Employer / LeasePlan originally on 18th November. Delivery offered for 23rd Feb (I had to push till 2nd March). BUT I’ve not had vin or registration confirmed by text yet - bit weird but as long as it turns up on 2nd March I’ll be happy 😀

I wish our experience was that good.

We started the process for a M3P (standard spec) with the lease company in July, with a delivery date of December, which has now gone out until mid March to the dealer, then end of March for delivery.

What the heck is a hidden VIN?

I've even less idea what this means! Who can explain all of this to a novice?
Install this Chrome Browser extension Tesla VIN finder

Then when you log in to your Tesla A/c, just click on the relevant extension and a pop up box will appear, either showing the VIN or telling you none is there (yet), either this method or search the source code on the web site (a little harder)

I wish our experience was that good.

We started the process for a M3P (standard spec) with the lease company in July, with a delivery date of December, which has now gone out until mid March to the dealer, then end of March for delivery.
It seems that your car is on the Grand Mark ship like mine is. Estimated delivery to me is 8th - 15th March.

I’ve ordered via my salary sacrifice but awaiting my payroll to approve. MYLR. Been made to believe it’s probably already “on order” as it was listed as a special offer. I’ve been advised I MUST collect by 31/03/2023.

The only problem is I can’t return my car until 26/03/2023. Will it be a case of just discussing with Tesla service to delay pick-up until after 26th if/when I get a text? Never had this problem when I took delivery of my M3P in 2020.

Also, if I do take this delivery pre 31st, as it literally the end of the quarter, shall I expect it to have been built around mid-late feb? Just so I can keep an eye on the later ships 😂

I’ve ordered via my salary sacrifice but awaiting my payroll to approve. MYLR. Been made to believe it’s probably already “on order” as it was listed as a special offer. I’ve been advised I MUST collect by 31/03/2023.

The only problem is I can’t return my car until 26/03/2023. Will it be a case of just discussing with Tesla service to delay pick-up until after 26th if/when I get a text? Never had this problem when I took delivery of my M3P in 2020.

Also, if I do take this delivery pre 31st, as it literally the end of the quarter, shall I expect it to have been built around mid-late feb? Just so I can keep an eye on the later ships 😂
Hi, I think in order for you to receive it before 31.03.23 your car will be on board one of the two ships that are en route to Southampton now - MSC Immacolata or the Grand Mark. As far as I know, there are no more ships scheduled before quarter end to Southampton. Your car will be built already and it will then be assigned to you as it sails to you.

edit: I say this as my blue/white M3P is on the Grand Mark and it’s due between 8th-15th March, which means in order for a further delivery after the Grand Mark, that ship should have or be about to set sail now and there are no reports of any further ships uk bound as I type.

Reactions: Smog
Status
Not open for further replies.