Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my VIN and Reg number by text a couple of weeks ago and delivery scheduled for 10th March. I am on a lease and so the app is empty. Is there much in the way of comms or activity between now and delivery day or do I just wait until I hear from the company delivering the vehicle on the day?
You will get text reminders coming up to the delivery date, then a confirmation of who delivery company is, then a confirmation from the delivery company. Also instructions about the electronic delivery acceptance which is emailled to you.

Slightly jealous, I haven't received anything, not even the RN number. I will keep on calling Tesla everyday until they get fed up with me and I will end up being banned. lol. Placed the order on the 16nth and I want the car next day. The salary sacrifice team gave me an estimated date of 17/06/2023. But it is just an estimate. So we wait... and bother Tesla every day until they give me a better date. lol.

I got a text from Tesla last night saying my car [with my ordered spec listed] "is nearly here". The text then included my order reference number and a link to a load of short videos so I can "prepare for delivery day".

It was a nice little message to receive while I wait the next week out - Delivery scheduled for next Wednesday, 1st March.

Slightly jealous, I haven't received anything, not even the RN number. I will keep on calling Tesla everyday until they get fed up with me and I will end up being banned. lol. Placed the order on the 16nth and I want the car next day. The salary sacrifice team gave me an estimated date of 17/06/2023. But it is just an estimate. So we wait... and bother Tesla every day until they give me a better date. lol.
If my zenith sal sacrifice experience is anything to go by, lease companies can be pretty poor at comms, and there is a lot of back and forth being them, the employer and tesla before everything is confirmed. i.e. lease company give you the impression you have "ordered" but in fact it can be a couple of weeks before you have a genuine order in the Tesla system. The best updates I have received have been via Tesla chat.

If my zenith sal sacrifice experience is anything to go by, lease companies can be pretty poor at comms, and there is a lot of back and forth being them, the employer and tesla before everything is confirmed. i.e. lease company give you the impression you have "ordered" but in fact it can be a couple of weeks before you have a genuine order in the Tesla system. The best updates I have received have been via Tesla chat.
Called Tesla and they said that my order is not visible against my personal details. Called the salary sacrifice team and told me that it might take more time until I get an RN. I cannot access the chat for some reason, is there a link for it ? Thanks.

Called Tesla and they said that my order is not visible against my personal details. Called the salary sacrifice team and told me that it might take more time until I get an RN. I cannot access the chat for some reason, is there a link for it ? Thanks.
You immediately get an RN once the order is placed on Tesla, so you need to chase your lease company.

Tesla chat icon appears on the website when agents are available, just browse around the configuration until it appears (although no point using chat until you have an RN).

If using Salary Sacrifice there is a process in the background that takes a while, as an example, here is my timeline:

30/01: Placed order on company lease portal, also placed an order direct on Tesla website so I could get in the queue.
02/02: Employer internal approval process completed.
03/02: Lease provider confirmed they had placed the order with Tesla....they hadn't, it was just an automated email.
07/02: Called lease provider to check all was progressing, I was assured it was all ordered and they had advised Tesla they would take over my order. They hadn't.
10/02: Tesla advised that Lease Co hadn't taken over my order yet, called Lease company who stated there was a 'problem' with the price I had been quoted. They blamed Tesla data feeding their website, anyway I was re-quoted and a new increased price was agreed.
15/02: Tesla confirmed that my order had been taken over by the Lease company.

So if we ignore the additional delay due to the incorrect pricing, it would still have been around 10 days from me placing the order on the company portal to receiving an RN number.
I received an RN number on 30/01 as I had placed a personal order directly with Tesla to try and get a 1st Quarter delivery. This seems to have worked so far, as my EDD has always been 19-31 March.

If you wish to use Tesla chat, got to the Tesla website and click on the Model Y as if you are going to place an order, a small chat icon should appear on the bottom right of the screen.

Hopefully that helps.

You immediately get an RN once the order is placed on Tesla, so you need to chase your lease company.

Tesla chat icon appears on the website when agents are available, just browse around the configuration until it appears (although no point using chat until you have an RN).
By the looks of it, the order has been placed with the lease company, which at their end will have to place the order with Tesla. My order has been placed with the lease company on the 16nth, by the salary sacrifice team. I will see if I can scoop who our leasing company is. Thanks for your help.

If using Salary Sacrifice there is a process in the background that takes a while, as an example, here is my timeline:

30/01: Placed order on company lease portal, also placed an order direct on Tesla website so I could get in the queue.
02/02: Employer internal approval process completed.
03/02: Lease provider confirmed they had placed the order with Tesla....they hadn't, it was just an automated email.
07/02: Called lease provider to check all was progressing, I was assured it was all ordered and they had advised Tesla they would take over my order. They hadn't.
10/02: Tesla advised that Lease Co hadn't taken over my order yet, called Lease company who stated there was a 'problem' with the price I had been quoted. They blamed Tesla data feeding their website, anyway I was re-quoted and a new increased price was agreed.
15/02: Tesla confirmed that my order had been taken over by the Lease company.

So if we ignore the additional delay due to the incorrect pricing, it would still have been around 10 days from me placing the order on the company portal to receiving an RN number.
I received an RN number on 30/01 as I had placed a personal order directly with Tesla to try and get a 1st Quarter delivery. This seems to have worked so far, as my EDD has always been 19-31 March.

If you wish to use Tesla chat, got to the Tesla website and click on the Model Y as if you are going to place an order, a small chat icon should appear on the bottom right of the screen.

Hopefully that helps.
Really helpful. Thanks a lot.

Hi, Ne Member here.
I’ve ordered a model y as a company car.
I don’t want to pester our Fleet Management but I’m guessing if I’ve got a RN number and a number plate that is a 22 I’m not going to have to wait too long?

I’m in the same boat expect leasing company are still saying September for my delivery!

My order is visible against my email access but they won’t give me any information because the leasing company haven’t authorised them to…leasing company just keep repeating the same thing, estimated delivery of September.

I tried deleting my Tesla account but it won’t allow me to as it says I have products and I’m a named driver but there is nothing visible . All very frustrating

I’ve had to MOT my car this morning and renew tax as I don’t know how long this is all going to take

Hi, Ne Member here.
I’ve ordered a model y as a company car.
I don’t want to pester our Fleet Management but I’m guessing if I’ve got a RN number and a number plate that is a 22 I’m not going to have to wait too long?
A 22 plate? If that's the case it would have been registered somewhere between 1st March and End of August last year.

Do you mean a 23 plate? If so, they are released from next Wednesday 👍

Anyone point me in the direction of the Tesla Chat? Is it via the app or website?

I currently have my salary sacrifice 3 and awaiting confirmation of my Y. Need 5 business days notice to arrange my collection so wanting to make sure it’s on order before I book.

Status
Not open for further replies.