Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Made the jump to a tesla thanks to the pretty great 0% finance deals, wasn't really planning on changing car but here we are!

So, doing some research before it arrives and found this forum, which is pretty great tbh.
At
I put my order in for a red+white M3P on the 24th July, with a EDD of Aug-Sept. What's the chances my car is already on a ship, on its way to the UK (for Belfast delivery)?

Many thanks!
Do you mind if I ask who you financed with?

Thanks, have you stuck with the summer tyres?
Iv always run all season tyres so not sure how the summers will hold up come winter. Do you or the folks here switch it for winter tyres latter on in the year. Or even all season?
Yes I've stuck with the summer tyres. I may switch to all season when they need replacing but living in the south there aren't too many days when I regret sticking with the standard summer ones.

Certainly there are people here who use all season, and other who switch between summer and winter tyres - depends on how often you drive in +5 degC and below temperatures I guess.

Hi Folks, this is a really useful forum. Reading all the posts about CA Auto, wish I was here before.

Here is my experience so far with CA Auto and the delivery, if this helps anyone:

23-July: TD M3LR, discussed with advisor on the availability. Was told a new lot is coming and deliveries would start from 20th Aug. Came back home and ordered M3LR, Midnight Silver, All black interiors and 19inch wheels with a £200 deposit. This was done with CA Auto having GFV £23,702 - received email immediately acknowledging PCP application.

26-Jul: VIN assigned and asked to provide registration details. By evening I received a text to book collection - 18th Aug at Brent Cross. I was totally surprised to see CA Auto approved finance in payments section even though I have not signed anything yet - I believe there is some serious IT issue.

27-Jul - 1-Aug: Spoke with Tesla advisor couple of times and was advised finance is approved, though I did not receive anything as of yet. Was also told the car would come to the UK on 17th Aug, they will check a few things and make it ready for collection on 18th.

2-Aug: Managed to contact CA auto, only to be told we will call back in 24 hours. As expected it did not happen

3-Aug: Again managed to contact CA auto, this time I told will walk out if nothing received by end of week

4-Aug: Received agreement to sign digitally. All the terms align as per order - PCP, GFV etc. The pre-contract summary reads the type of agreement: Hire purchase (bummer!). Again called them and was advised to move to next page that reads PCP and has all the details. Bang on - immediately signed and sent back. Received confirmation email in a few seconds with the PCP contract.

7-Aug: Received email asking for DL, bank statements etc. However the email reads "we are in the process of evaluating a financial proposal" and this has confused me. I have signed the contract but now they are evaluating afterwards!?! All this while - everything is green on the Tesla app and it has reached the final stage of accepting delivery. Fingers crossed - CA does not come back with decline as the contract is already signed.

8-Aug: Reg number received.

If everything goes well - I can drive M3LR on the 18th!

PS: Insurance and Home charger is another post.

Reactions: Spacemanwho
My experience is pretty much the same as Dixitsa

21st July - Order placed for M3LR, Midnight Silver and 19inch wheels. £0 deposit (apart from £200 order fee which i think goes into the car on collection?) CA GFV was around £23k as well.

24th July - Finance approved. Collection arranged later that day for 18th August from Southampton. the 17th was available but unfortunately work got in the way!

26th July - Finance documents received with VIN - signed and sent back

8th August - Reg number received

Reactions: nigelpurvis@gm
My experience is pretty much the same as Dixitsa

21st July - Order placed for M3LR, Midnight Silver and 19inch wheels. £0 deposit (apart from £200 order fee which i think goes into the car on collection?) CA GFV was around £23k as well.

24th July - Finance approved. Collection arranged later that day for 18th August from Southampton. the 17th was available but unfortunately work got in the way!

26th July - Finance documents received with VIN - signed and sent back

8th August - Reg number received

This kind of stuff worries me a little, lol. Ordered mine 3 days after you, but nothing heard after I sent my finance stuff to CA.... app says.... "we'll let you know when it's time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks"

I think you can go on live chat through their website where they can let you know if you've been approved through CA. If yes I guess maybe they haven't matched a car to you yet? there is a vessel coming into Southampton this week but maybe it's all been allocated and you could be on the next one?

Reactions: nigelpurvis@gm
I think you can go on live chat through their website where they can let you know if you've been approved through CA. If yes I guess maybe they haven't matched a car to you yet? there is a vessel coming into Southampton this week but maybe it's all been allocated and you could be on the next one?
I think you could be correct.... I'm probably only seeing Aug in my estimated date in the off-chance someone with the same spec as me decides they either don't want the car or its too early for them to collect, and then I get their allocation?

I would think so. We didn’t get any paperwork from CA to digitally sign until the VIN had been allocated as it was on the paperwork.

What did you go for? 🙂
I treated myself to a model 3 perf in red/white. My last car had a lovely, almost white interior which I was fond of, so decided to try teslas version.

Funny, I've signed all my CA paperwork... although the VIN on that was like "1111111111111" :D

Reactions: NinjaChrisH
I had a M3 ordered through a work lease company. I had the vin showing on the app and even a text from Tesla to "prepare for delivery". I was told it would be around the 12th - 16th.

Today the vin has disappeared from the app and 'completed delivery tasks' has reverted back to estimated delivery.

According to Tesla chat, a bulk order of cars were unallocated from salary sacrifice customers.

Could anyone please explain what's just happened? So close, yet so far

I'd say you need to have a conversation with the lease company - they are the ones that have likely pulled/delayed the order and I imagine it is because they want to wait until the new registrations come out in Sept. so the car value at the end of the lease period is slightly higher.

From Tesla's point of view they don't care who buys it, a lease company or private, everyone pays the same price so there is no reason why they would delay things.

I'd say you need to have a conversation with the lease company - they are the ones that have likely pulled/delayed the order and I imagine it is because they want to wait until the new registrations come out in Sept. so the car value at the end of the lease period is slightly higher.

From Tesla's point of view they don't care who buys it, a lease company or private, everyone pays the same price so there is no reason why they would delay things.
I thought this might be the case, I contacted the lease company who were oblivious to any change and were still under the assumption I was getting my car next week.

The Vin number that had vanished from the app has now returned back so I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean the same vehicle has been allocated back to me?

The Vin number that had vanished from the app has now returned back so I'm not sure what that means. Does it mean the same vehicle has been allocated back to me?
a glitch with Tesla’s system and everything is back to normal again then? But you should have a confirmed delivery date by now if it is meant to be with you next week, and a reg number. I think you will need to contact Tesla again to try and get some more info.

Same happened to my leased MY today, last night I had "delivery set" this morning I'm back at "expected delivery date" stage with no VIN any more.

I probably won't bother contacting the lease company as I'm going away until September starting next week, it's in my interest that the car won't be ready for delivery earlier than agreed (which was September anyway) to avoid risking issues around missed deliveries and waiting for next batches.

I ordered M3 RWD (company lease) on Monday 14th Aug and got an estimated delivery date of Aug - Sep in app which tied in with teslas estimated delivery date on their website but yesterday morning it has now changed to Jan - March. Is this due to the new model 3 refresh or am I missing something?

I ordered M3 RWD (company lease) on Monday 14th Aug and got an estimated delivery date of Aug - Sep in app which tied in with teslas estimated delivery date on their website but yesterday morning it has now changed to Jan - March. Is this due to the new model 3 refresh or am I missing something?
Just a guess, but maybe the lease company put a delay on orders so they get new M3s and thus beef up the resale price at the end of the lease.

Mu
My AWD order placed last week through a lease company says Aug/Sept delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.