Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The collection times from Brent Cross are quite limited (latest 4pm on a weekday!).
My collection is booked for 10.30am on a Saturday; if I turn up an hour early, will they let me collect early?

probably. They mostly don't care although if its busy it might take a while to get to you. If you don't have any finance or antyhing to complete they're mostly just checking the transaction, throwing a key card at you and pointing roughly where the car will be in the car park

Wife has a chassis number in the app this morning, LRW so a China made Y, just checked the Hoegh shipping and its not on Tokyo/Detroit. Mr M probably correct in that its been in the UK a while. Delivery estimate now moved forward 4 days to 21st September. At least there is a light at the end of the delivery tunnel!

Wife has a chassis number in the app this morning, LRW so a China made Y, just checked the Hoegh shipping and its not on Tokyo/Detroit. Mr M probably correct in that its been in the UK a while. Delivery estimate now moved forward 4 days to 21st September. At least there is a light at the end of the delivery tunnel!
You don’t need a VIN to know it was made in China, that’s the only factory that makes RHD Model Y ;)

Hoegh doesn‘t ship Tesla’s to the UK, only mainland Europe.

Hi Folks, this is a really useful forum. Reading all the posts about CA Auto, wish I was here before.

Here is my experience so far with CA Auto and the delivery, if this helps anyone:

23-July: TD M3LR, discussed with advisor on the availability. Was told a new lot is coming and deliveries would start from 20th Aug. Came back home and ordered M3LR, Midnight Silver, All black interiors and 19inch wheels with a £200 deposit. This was done with CA Auto having GFV £23,702 - received email immediately acknowledging PCP application.

26-Jul: VIN assigned and asked to provide registration details. By evening I received a text to book collection - 18th Aug at Brent Cross. I was totally surprised to see CA Auto approved finance in payments section even though I have not signed anything yet - I believe there is some serious IT issue.

27-Jul - 1-Aug: Spoke with Tesla advisor couple of times and was advised finance is approved, though I did not receive anything as of yet. Was also told the car would come to the UK on 17th Aug, they will check a few things and make it ready for collection on 18th.

2-Aug: Managed to contact CA auto, only to be told we will call back in 24 hours. As expected it did not happen

3-Aug: Again managed to contact CA auto, this time I told will walk out if nothing received by end of week

4-Aug: Received agreement to sign digitally. All the terms align as per order - PCP, GFV etc. The pre-contract summary reads the type of agreement: Hire purchase (bummer!). Again called them and was advised to move to next page that reads PCP and has all the details. Bang on - immediately signed and sent back. Received confirmation email in a few seconds with the PCP contract.

7-Aug: Received email asking for DL, bank statements etc. However the email reads "we are in the process of evaluating a financial proposal" and this has confused me. I have signed the contract but now they are evaluating afterwards!?! All this while - everything is green on the Tesla app and it has reached the final stage of accepting delivery. Fingers crossed - CA does not come back with decline as the contract is already signed.

8-Aug: Reg number received.

If everything goes well - I can drive M3LR on the 18th!

PS: Insurance and Home charger is another post.

Hi, I'm also having a similar issue to you on the wording of the contract. My one also reads under type of credit as 'Hire-Purchase Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974'. And I don't see a reference to PCP anywhere on the next page. I called them, but they told me it's a PCP, but obviously sceptical now. The repayment terms of the agreement seem like a PCP (e.g. optional final payment):

"48 monthly payments consisting of:

First payment (including Acceptance Fee) of: £XXX

46 payments of: £XXX

Final payment (including the Option Fee)of: £XXXXX"

In the third page, under Customer Explanation, the following is written:

"The credit agreement is a “hire-purchase” agreement. This means that you will not own the vehicle until you have paid off the agreement. This will include any “option fee”.

You have a right to end this agreement at any time. You will not have to pay anything to us for the vehicle if:

a) you return the vehicle;

b) you have paid at least half the total amount payable under this agreement;

c) you have paid any overdue instalments; and

d) you have taken reasonable care of the vehicle."

Hi Folks, this is a really useful forum. Reading all the posts about CA Auto, wish I was here before.

Here is my experience so far with CA Auto and the delivery, if this helps anyone:

23-July: TD M3LR, discussed with advisor on the availability. Was told a new lot is coming and deliveries would start from 20th Aug. Came back home and ordered M3LR, Midnight Silver, All black interiors and 19inch wheels with a £200 deposit. This was done with CA Auto having GFV £23,702 - received email immediately acknowledging PCP application.

26-Jul: VIN assigned and asked to provide registration details. By evening I received a text to book collection - 18th Aug at Brent Cross. I was totally surprised to see CA Auto approved finance in payments section even though I have not signed anything yet - I believe there is some serious IT issue.

27-Jul - 1-Aug: Spoke with Tesla advisor couple of times and was advised finance is approved, though I did not receive anything as of yet. Was also told the car would come to the UK on 17th Aug, they will check a few things and make it ready for collection on 18th.

2-Aug: Managed to contact CA auto, only to be told we will call back in 24 hours. As expected it did not happen

3-Aug: Again managed to contact CA auto, this time I told will walk out if nothing received by end of week

4-Aug: Received agreement to sign digitally. All the terms align as per order - PCP, GFV etc. The pre-contract summary reads the type of agreement: Hire purchase (bummer!). Again called them and was advised to move to next page that reads PCP and has all the details. Bang on - immediately signed and sent back. Received confirmation email in a few seconds with the PCP contract.

7-Aug: Received email asking for DL, bank statements etc. However the email reads "we are in the process of evaluating a financial proposal" and this has confused me. I have signed the contract but now they are evaluating afterwards!?! All this while - everything is green on the Tesla app and it has reached the final stage of accepting delivery. Fingers crossed - CA does not come back with decline as the contract is already signed.

8-Aug: Reg number received.

If everything goes well - I can drive M3LR on the 18th!

PS: Insurance and Home charger is another post.

My experience is pretty much the same as Dixitsa

21st July - Order placed for M3LR, Midnight Silver and 19inch wheels. £0 deposit (apart from £200 order fee which i think goes into the car on collection?) CA GFV was around £23k as well.

24th July - Finance approved. Collection arranged later that day for 18th August from Southampton. the 17th was available but unfortunately work got in the way!

26th July - Finance documents received with VIN - signed and sent back

8th August - Reg number received
Hi, I'm also having a similar issue to you on the wording of the contract. My one also reads under type of credit as 'Hire-Purchase Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974'. And I don't see a reference to PCP anywhere on the next page. I called them, but they told me it's a PCP, but obviously sceptical now. The repayment terms of the agreement seem like a PCP (e.g. optional final payment):

"48 monthly payments consisting of:

First payment (including Acceptance Fee) of: £XXX

46 payments of: £XXX

Final payment (including the Option Fee)of: £XXXXX"

In the third page, under Customer Explanation, the following is written:

"The credit agreement is a “hire-purchase” agreement. This means that you will not own the vehicle until you have paid off the agreement. This will include any “option fee”.

You have a right to end this agreement at any time. You will not have to pay anything to us for the vehicle if:

a) you return the vehicle;

b) you have paid at least half the total amount payable under this agreement;

c) you have paid any overdue instalments; and

d) you have taken reasonable care of the vehicle."
Did you two by any chance have similar wording to the terms in the post above?

So I have switched my E-Tron GT (tiny boot apparently) order to a MY via salary sacrifice on NHSFleet to replace my M3P :(

The order was made on June 6th and RN arrived early July. I have been waiting for a VIN since then. Delivery initially was July-Aug now Aug-Sept.

It's a standard MY LR in silver, not sure why they can't get hold of one for me. Every time I contact Tesla they tell me they are 'matching me to a car.'

Hi everyone, I ordered M3LR company car on 22nd August through Arval business lease. Grey with white interior and 19in wheels. Initially, the EDD was showing as Jan - March 2024, but recently it moved to 1st October - 7th November, no VIN assigned on the app yet but after reading the 2023 Shipping Movements thread, it doesn't sound like there are any current M3's being produced in Shanghai since July, or any ships with Model 3 inbound.. Any idea what the chances are of my car actually turning up? Thanks

Does anyone know rough timescales for MYLR delivery at the moment. Ordered about 3 weeks ago via Tusker and not heard anything. The app was showing sept-Oct delivery but that’s disappeared and now not showing any dates. Not getting any joy from Tesla or Tusker on timelines.

So bafflingly, after seeing an estimated delivery date in my Tesla app of 16th October - 30th October for my MY RWD, VIN received, I went on to the live chat to ask if they could confirm if my car was on GLOVIS COSMOS arriving in Southampton today; a few minutes after starting the chat, I refresh my app and the delivery window vanishes, and the delivery task is marked as complete showing home delivery (which I did not ask for).

Then, a minute later, I get this SMS confirming delivery for the 17th. Great, I thought! The live chat advisor has no idea and can't see any allocated date for my car.

Has anyone else had this experience? I'm now in the position of having no idea whether or not to take this day off work 🤔

IMG_0295.jpg

Same here, clicked Start only to see Completed status with delivery to home address, whereas my intention was to collect from SC, which is barely 4 miles away
So I ended up speaking to a different live chat agent and asked them if they could switch it to collection - they couldn’t do that themselves but referred it to another team and within 10 minutes I got a call (from Uxbridge so not sure if that’s a head office location) where a really helpful guy offered me a choice of collection slots on the same day as the delivery would have been - then after the call within 10 minutes or so my app had updated with my delivery date of the 17th at 12pm - definitely worth going down that route if you want to change to collection!

Same here, clicked Start only to see Completed status with delivery to home address, whereas my intention was to collect from SC, which is barely 4 miles away
Same situation for me - MYLR
Received VIN in app on Saturday with updated EDD of 11th - 26th Oct.

This evening that has vanished and delivery tasks states complete. Not had a text though.

Model Y RWD
Order Placed 15th Sept, Confirmed from Tesla 18th Sept
Through Tusker Salary Sacrifice
VIN assigned in app 30th Sept
Delivery Window currently 10th-25th October
I've been tracking the Glovis Cosmos - now in Southampton - hopefully mine is on this 🤞

Ordered my MYLR via Leaseplan SS and got the RN on 27th Sept - allocated VIN on 30th like most others. I haven't yet had any notification around delivery, but is 11-26th Oct in the App. I spoke to the agent this morning and she mentioned it was due to arrive at the collection point on 23rd Oct - and said it was currently in transit. VIN suggests China made car as you would expect - so unsure whether this means it was on GLOVIS COSMOS or another ship due later? Or maybe it takes them 3 weeks to get the car up to Manchester, who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.