Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Best forecourt jet wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
I’m not kitted up for detailing or general washing / rinse at home so tend to stick with the forecourts. Obviously no brush, but do use the “foam” and hover over the car with the brush to create a snow foam effect.

Just wondering who else does this and who do you think is best for value for money/jet power/chemicals etc

local shell has 5 mins for £1 which seems reasonable, but vacuums are toss

I’m not kitted up for detailing or general washing / rinse at home so tend to stick with the forecourts. Obviously no brush, but do use the “foam” and hover over the car with the brush to create a snow foam effect.

Just wondering who else does this and who do you think is best for value for money/jet power/chemicals etc

Buy yourself a wash mitt and could use that at the snow foam stage and then rinse after. Saves you having to use the brush then :)

Halfords have the meguiars wash mitt which is really good.

Also get a drying towel to finish with after

:)

Reactions: spon88
Buy yourself a wash mitt and could use that at the snow foam stage and then rinse after. Saves you having to use the brush then :)

Halfords have the meguiars wash mitt which is really good.

Also get a drying towel to finish with after

:)
That's great advice and something I do periodically if I can't be bothered to get the hose, twin buckets etc on the job. Avoiding the brush is the key. You can also give it a quick squirt with something like Gyeon Wet Coat for a good finish. Might cost you a few quid but it's a good lazy option!

Does it have hot water? Some morrisons have hot which is very good in winter. Only problem is the soap comes out of the brush so I only use it in winter without soap to remove salt spray which it does well. £3 for 7 minutes I think.

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1