Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK MX Owners- Multi-storey car parks height restrictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys ,

Just to make you aware that the MX is going to struggle in some multi- storey car parks. Many have Height restrictions of around 2 metres the MX is 2.2m ! This isn't going to spoil the fun but certainly something we all need to be aware of!!

Regards

Tanflado

Hi guys ,

Just to make you aware that the MX is going to struggle in some multi- storey car parks. Many have Height restrictions of around 2 metres the MX is 2.2m ! This isn't going to spoil the fun but certainly something we all need to be aware of!!

Regards

Tanflado
Where did you get this information? I'm about 1.85 meters tall (or 6' 1" in feet and inches) and can easily see over my X when it's in the Very High suspension setting. Granted the falcon wing doors go much higher when they open but if you go into one of these parking garages I would suggest letting your rear passengers out first.

Edit: I just went looking at the specs and it is odd but Tesla does not include the height anywhere. So I eyeballed it (because I can't drop a tape measure straight through the highest point of the vehicle), and I would say it's about 1.73 meters with the suspension at it's highest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanflado
Think it is a FWD thing. Attached suggests we will easily get into multi-stories, but doors will not fully open. 64 inches = 1.63m, 93 inches = 2.36m...

main-qimg-32272e9da56c294ebbcbc5cc08624317.png

Tesla shows height or rather "clearance"dimensions as 7 '3 but admittedly this does not specify if this includes the FWD being open ??
That spec reads 7.3" which in US speak means 7.3 inches. The line next to the number is from the ground to the underside of the vehicle. As I mentioned, I could not find any overall vehicle height dimensions on the US website.

Think it is a FWD thing. Attached suggests we will easily get into multi-stories, but doors will not fully open. 64 inches = 1.63m, 93 inches = 2.36m...

View attachment 194547
Yeah, like I said, you might want to let the rear passengers out before entering or they'll be climbing over the front seats to get out! :eek::p;)

• Funny
Reactions: Tanflado