Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trading in a Tesla and have heard nothing for 10 days since I submitted the photos. I'm trading in for another Model 3 though, they may be prioritising Y orders.
mine took 15 days M3 trade in against an MY. confirmed at exactly the estimate.
I am straggling to see any pattern either in the timing or the price fluctuations tbh.
there is a human element involved and I suspect that may account for much of the variation in both timing and value

I’m still waiting to be processed and my EDD is 28-31 March, it will be a week tomorrow. They best get a wriggle on
IME you will find that they get their act together in the last few days before delivery. Humans actually start actively calling you and stuff! Ultimately they don't want that new car sitting there undelivered if they can help it. You just have to wait until they assign someone to make it all happen for you, which is usually last minute.

mine took 15 days M3 trade in against an MY. confirmed at exactly the estimate.
This is exactly what I have my fingers crossed for, Tesla take two or three weeks but come back with the full estimate. Will give me more chance of getting a new car within the 60 day window. If my valuation comes back lower than the estimate I'll maybe just hold on to the one I have.

IME you will find that they get their act together in the last few days before delivery. Humans actually start actively calling you and stuff! Ultimately they don't want that new car sitting there undelivered if they can help it. You just have to wait until they assign someone to make it all happen for you, which is usually last minute.
Well I drive for a living so if I’m 200 miles away and they want it collected the day after then they can whistle.

I did wonder if it was just a market adjustment, but that seems a bit of an unfair way to do it, some people are getting their final offer price confirmed within a day others are taking several weeks to get a price. There will be a lot more chance of a larger price adjustment the longer Tesla take to evaluate the car.
So i finally got a reply regarding the drop in my trade in price, this is the extremely helpful and informative answer I received! :rolleyes:

"Thank you for your email.

I understand there might be confusion with the drop in your trade in Value

However, this is stated in the initial stages of your trade in application, the value given is an estimate

This can then change due to

• Damages
  • Milage/increase in mileage
  • Change in market
All of which will affect the final value offered.

I hope this gives better clarity."

Reactions: seadog
Clear as mud 😛

It is irritating why some cars valuations are different from estimates and others not, especially in your case as your car is mint. If they had said it was because the modifications actually decrease the value in their eyes then at least you would know why.

Reactions: teaston
So i finally got a reply regarding the drop in my trade in price, this is the extremely helpful and informative answer I received! :rolleyes:

"Thank you for your email.

I understand there might be confusion with the drop in your trade in Value

However, this is stated in the initial stages of your trade in application, the value given is an estimate

This can then change due to

• Damages
  • Milage/increase in mileage
  • Change in market
All of which will affect the final value offered.

I hope this gives better clarity."
I can understand the damages and mileage increase part, but not the change in market if the estimate was stated to be valid for 7 days. Otherwise what's the point of promising a 7 day window if they can change the offer at any time due to a market change? To me that means there is no valid 7 day offer. It's like saying this offer is valid for 7 days unless we change our mind and decide it isn't. They might as well just drop the 7 day promise and say it's a spot estimate subject to change at any time.

Reactions: teaston
Have prices increase again? M3 RWD now has a base price of £45,990 and LR is £54,990.

Bizarrely MY LR is also £54,990 so I can’t see why you’d order the M3. Delivery earlier as well with May on the MY versus Nov on the M3.
yes about 2 weeks ago

They built a load of UK Y’s to shift. 3’s have taken a back seat for a while so they don’t need an incentive to sell them.
More a case of Scheduled. The MY vehicles for May delivery won't actually have been built yet. Question is why can't they build more LR M3s for the UK. I guess they have lots of M3P orders for the factory so want to build them. Either that or busy building for Hertz.