Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your photos show any damage or anything? I would expect (and hope) that the estimate matches the offer if there is nothing obviously wrong - e.g. scuffed wheels.
No, car is immaculate. The windows are tinted, and I've fitted black badges, so possibly that's why.

I have now run the trade in quote again, and they are now offering me £700 less than Friday, so maybe that explains some of it, but still about £270 deficit.

Yeah that sucks. That's always a problem with trading in though I guess. I'm in the same boat, I dechromed my Model 3 and I wouldn't want to take that off (I'd have to pay to get it done) unless I was getting a firm offer for the car.

Yeah that sucks. That's always a problem with trading in though I guess. I'm in the same boat, I dechromed my Model 3 and I wouldn't want to take that off (I'd have to pay to get it done) unless I was getting a firm offer for the car.
For £700 I'll definitely remove the tints and re-fit the chrome badges myself, that's good earnings for half a days work!

Reactions: Durzel
Did they get back to you? Interested to hear if it's because of the modifications or another reason
Nope, still heard nothing!

I’m guessing it’s due to the trade in values coming back down, if I run the quote now it’s actually £250 less than their final offer to me.

I’m also waiting for my finance settlement letter from them too, I think as soon as I have that I’ll hit accept on the trade in offer.

Reactions: seadog
Nope, still heard nothing!

I’m guessing it’s due to the trade in values coming back down, if I run the quote now it’s actually £250 less than their final offer to me.

I’m also waiting for my finance settlement letter from them too, I think as soon as I have that I’ll hit accept on the trade in offer.
I did wonder if it was just a market adjustment, but that seems a bit of an unfair way to do it, some people are getting their final offer price confirmed within a day others are taking several weeks to get a price. There will be a lot more chance of a larger price adjustment the longer Tesla take to evaluate the car.

Reactions: teaston
I did wonder if it was just a market adjustment, but that seems a bit of an unfair way to do it, some people are getting their final offer price confirmed within a day others are taking several weeks to get a price. There will be a lot more chance of a larger price adjustment the longer Tesla take to evaluate the car.
I got my trade-in offer confirmed within a couple of days, but I think it was driven by the immediate availability of my new car. So I expect they prioritise valuations based on expected delivery times of the new car. Either that or it's just random Tesla comms and luck of the draw, which is not that unusual! I'm submitting a trade-in today for a new car expected in July, so will be interesting to see how quickly they come back.

I got my trade-in offer confirmed within a couple of days, but I think it was driven by the immediate availability of my new car. So I expect they prioritise valuations based on expected delivery times of the new car. Either that or it's just random Tesla comms and luck of the draw, which is not that unusual! I'm submitting a trade-in today for a new car expected in July, so will be interesting to see how quickly they come back.
My trade in offer was confirmed in one day (and half of that was sunday), and my delivery estimate is not until may-june!

My trade in offer was confirmed in one day (and half of that was sunday), and my delivery estimate is not until may-june!
My delivery estimate is not until late May - June either that's why I have not pushed them for a final offer valuation yet as the longer they take the more likely the car will be delivered within the 60 days, although if they take weeks to give me the final offer and reduce it if the market value goes down I doubt I will go ahead with my order anyway as I was only changing due to the good trade in estimate.

My delivery estimate is not until late May - June either that's why I have not pushed them for a final offer valuation yet as the longer they take the more likely the car will be delivered within the 60 days, although if they take weeks to give me the final offer and reduce it if the market value goes down I doubt I will go ahead with my order anyway as I was only changing due to the good trade in estimate.
That’s the worry I have if my car is delivered after 20 May when my trade in offer expires!

I have now received my loan settlement letter, so I’ve accepted the trade in offer, all pre delivery steps now completed! 😆

Fairly sure it depends on the car you're trading in though. It's much easier and quicker for them to evaluate a Tesla than any other marque. My ID.3 valuation took a bit over a week. The older the car the harder it will be to come up with a price, I expect.
Very good point. For some reason I had made the assumption that we were all trading in our old Teslas! Makes perfect sense that it would take much longer to quote on another marque. On that basis I expect I'll get a quote back within a day or too on my M3 against a new MY.

But as above, there are clearly other factors involved too!