Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK RHD Model 3 Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These Valeo ones have a Tesla OEM part number, and they're cheaper than the Bosch ones. Waiting for them to arrive to see how they fit. https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/valeo-7950701.html

Seem to indicate they are for LHD cars in the third picture?

thumb

Perhaps they can be reversed as rincewind does with the Bosch blades?

I can't believe Tesla don't sell the two blades together as a pack (even if that's an option). I have never changed just the one side as I find they wear equally (I don't use one side without the other!), plus what a waste of individual packaging - or are they just posted loose?

I imagine as sales increase, RHD wipers will become readily available.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Sorry folks I was wrong...but I have got somewhere. Bosch universal singles from almost anywhere will fit if they come with 16mm adapters. According to Bosch catalogue cars requiring 16mm narrow top lock are fairly rare and so they don't currently do any pair/sets for direct fit. A website I have used before (wiperblades.co.uk) have a good selection for the Model 3 and I have purchased a set of lucas blades this morning for about £16, I will report back on how they fair. The lucas brochure decodes the Product Codes LWDF26J / LWDF19J and J is the 16mm top lock.
Screenshot_2021-05-26-12-05-30-749_com.adobe.reader.jpg

In case it helps anyone else, I went for the Bosch suggestion for the Model 3. Apparently that's what Bosch recommended to wiperblades.co.uk. The shorter blade is 18" not 19" like the original, but it seems to work fine. A doddle to fit and considerably cheaper than buying them from Tesla. Will report back if I find any issue with the 18" blade.

Reactions: Nick77
... A website I have used before (wiperblades.co.uk) have a good selection for the Model 3 and I have purchased a set of lucas blades this morning for about £16, I will report back on how they fair. The lucas brochure decodes the Product Codes LWDF26J / LWDF19J and J is the 16mm top lock...
@Cnixon How did you get on with fitting and quality when in use?

In case it helps anyone else, I went for the Bosch suggestion for the Model 3. Apparently that's what Bosch recommended to wiperblades.co.uk. The shorter blade is 18" not 19" like the original, but it seems to work fine. A doddle to fit and considerably cheaper than buying them from Tesla. Will report back if I find any issue with the 18" blade.
@Jeeves Any issues with the shorter blade? Sounds like fitting was fine, no incorrect 'aerodynamic spoiler' orientations like I've seen mentioned previously re. aerotwins?

Winter is coming and new wiper blades seem to be following close behind!

@Jeeves Any issues with the shorter blade? Sounds like fitting was fine, no incorrect 'aerodynamic spoiler' orientations like I've seen mentioned previously re. aerotwins?
No problem with them whatsoever.

You do notice a different shape of uncleaned area at the foot of the windscreen due to the
½ inch less blade at the bottom, but this has no impact on vision.

The ½ inch missing at the top means that the left blade only just clears the little circular sensor above the cameras at the top middle of the windscreen. Again, this appears to have had no impact on operation of the car.

Anyone know what that circular sensor is for?

After almost 2 years my original wiper blades which were brilliant had making a streak right in front of me. So I replaced with a new set of Bosch Aerotwins.
And the new blades are much worse. If the windscreen is perfectly clean then they work ok, but 2 miles down the road and the slightest bit of grit or dirt starts to cause streaks all over the place. Every time I stop I find I'm having to clean them off.
Unfortunately the bins were collected already so I can't swap them back.

Has anyone else noticed differences like this - could it be a bad batch? softer rubber or something?
And any way to guarantee a decent set when ordering?

After almost 2 years my original wiper blades which were brilliant had making a streak right in front of me. So I replaced with a new set of Bosch Aerotwins.
And the new blades are much worse. If the windscreen is perfectly clean then they work ok, but 2 miles down the road and the slightest bit of grit or dirt starts to cause streaks all over the place. Every time I stop I find I'm having to clean them off.
Unfortunately the bins were collected already so I can't swap them back.

Has anyone else noticed differences like this - could it be a bad batch? softer rubber or something?
And any way to guarantee a decent set when ordering?
I bought these for my MY and they seem fine to me.

Reactions: mikeyg_ev