Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK RHD Model 3 Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick one.. I was never happy with our wipers so I bought these much much better and easy to install use the connector TL4 in the kit
Genuine MICHELIN STEALTH Hybrid Front Wiper Blades Set 480mm/19'' + 660mm/26'' | eBay

good price too.

Interesting, never heard of the Stealth line before. I have had pretty good performance from the Bosch Icons, but maybe I'll try these ones next --they look beefier, might be better for winter.
Have you been through winter weather with these?

Interesting, never heard of the Stealth line before. I have had pretty good performance from the Bosch Icons, but maybe I'll try these ones next --they look beefier, might be better for winter.
Have you been through winter weather with these?

Got them recently so will post up after some bad weather. was looking at silicone ones but saw a problem where different temperatures would affect them.

I wanted to go for silicone. Tried the PIAA and the adapter doesn’t fit for M3 RHD cars. The M3 has an extra piece of plastic where the washer nozzle fits which stops the PIAA blade adapter going on. Defeated.

Has anyone managed to fit silicone blades? Rain-x do them in the US but not UK.

In the US there’s lots of talk of an OEM Bosch blade kit OE Specialty AeroTwin Wiper Blades | Bosch Auto Parts which looks like a great option only the kit is LHD and there doesn’t seem to be a direct RHD equivalent (aero deflector would be upside down). Bosch do do individual blades but probably involves extra middle adapters. Tesla OEM is probably what I’m thinking I’ll end up doing when I need them.

Just a quick one.. I was never happy with our wipers so I bought these much much better and easy to install use the connector TL4 in the kit
Genuine MICHELIN STEALTH Hybrid Front Wiper Blades Set 480mm/19'' + 660mm/26'' | eBay

good price too.

I didn't know that some people were having wiper problems. I have to say mine seem to be absolutely perfect! No streaks, smooth action etc. I've not treated the glass with anything. Of course they don't always come on when I want them to wipe the screen but that's another story!

Hey Toro
Looked at these wiper blades and when I put in the make and model it says these don't fit?
Did you have to buy anything else to make them fit?

Even though they dont list it for our cars (a lot of sites arent up to what fits a M3) I can confirm they fit and work perfectly (better than original)
Go into car and select Service and then wiper service mode
Remove original wipers (pressing down on button) lay down arm with a towel or microfibre under arm over glass.
Remove both small clips on new wipers (turn them upside down and push until they click off then remove.)
Compare wiper length (I think the 19" is driver and 26" passenger)
Slide TL4 connector (there is about 4 or 5 different connectors) into wiper arm till it clicks then take new blade and position under new clip give it a firm push until it clicks into place. You could always put the TL4 onto new blade first then slide into place but I found putting the connector in first then the blade easy.
Repeat with other blade.
Go back into car and take wipers out of service mode (when you put the car into Drive it will also do this).

I have found them so much better than the ones that came with the car.

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel and kuruma
This was posted for people who may not have the same experience as you, so if yours are perfectly ok then great.
Mine were not therefore I replaced them and thought it would be nice to share my experience and findings .
It’s all a matter of degree. There are probably a lot of people reading this thread that haven’t received their car yet, thinking “geez, I’ve got to replace the wipers on my brand new car?”.

Reactions: navt
Even though they dont list it for our cars (a lot of sites arent up to what fits a M3) I can confirm they fit and work perfectly (better than original)
Remove original wipers (pressing down on button) lay down arm with a towel or microfibre under arm over glass.
Remove both small clips on new wipers (turn them upside down and push until they click off then remove.)
Slide TL4 connector (there is about 4 or 5 different connectors) into wiper arm till it clicks then take new blade and position under new clip give it a firm push until it clicks into place. You could always put the TL4 onto new blade first then slide into place but I found putting the connector in first then the blade easy.
Repeat with other blade.
Go back into car and take wipers out of service mode (when you put the car into Drive it will also do this).

Perfect, thanks for confirming.

not sure if anyone on this UK/Ireland forum will go to the trouble of buying these from the US but thanks anyway...

as it was on the passenger side, I didn't notice that the middle of that wiper blade is folded the wrong way from the rest of the blade until after our first post-delivery issue rectifying service. It leaves a smear across the entire passenger side window, particularly with that final delayed third sweep when you wash. Wondering if they'll sort that if I raise it at a second service.

Reactions: M3noob
Repeat with other blade.

Struggling to get the TL4 adapter to fit. I’m a bit loathe to just shove it in in case they get stuck...
I mimic other’s issues with the wiper blades, so thought I’d give these a try :)

Struggling to get the TL4 adapter to fit. I’m a bit loathe to just shove it in in case they get stuck...
I mimic other’s issues with the wiper blades, so thought I’d give these a try :)

Are you putting it into the arm first or onto the blade then trying to fit ?
I found putting the TL4 onto arm first then clipping blade on works.
Also DOUBLE CHECK that you have taken off the existing little clip on the new blade (turn clip upside down (on the blade) and push down until it releases (needs a fair bit of pressure))

Overpriced... Naturally. You can get the Bosch pair for £32 from Halfords

I'm getting a bit annoyed with my OEM ones as the passenger one leaves a line in my view after it gets dirty - which happens quite quickly. Not sure if new ones are a solution though.

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I'm getting a bit annoyed with my OEM ones as the passenger one leaves a line in my view after it gets dirty - which happens quite quickly. Not sure if new ones are a solution though.

Over many years of driving I've found that once a wiper blade gets contaminated or slightly damaged there's little you can do other than fight the losing battle or replace them. The one thing that I always found is that when I've lived with a wiper problem for a few months and then finally got around to fitting a new set (after thoroughly cleaning the screen) I have kicked myself for not doing it sooner! It is a minor thing in some ways but it's a pain ... and oh the joy of lovely smooth wipers! Thankfully my M3 has come through winter with wipers unscathed and that are still very good.