Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK spare-part availability - X in for 3+ months waiting for part

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nope - garage reported car ready last week - I disagreed and refused delivery. Insurance say they have 2 tries to get it right - so now waiting for 2nd try.

Just a suggestion if anyone has to send their cars off for repair - it helps if you do a COMPLETE photo/video session of the car's condition before it is handed in. I think that just saved me a bundle...

Apart from the above issue - the Garage tried to return the car without top spoiler cover part and right light damage/ scratches - with a promise it would be done the week after. They had told me about the spoiler part and said it was only for "decoration" - they forgot to say it exposes wires and connectors to rain and dirt... The right light did NOT have scratches or damage when it went into the garage? "Accidental swap?" with another Tesla X so it could be delivered - or "fck up" during disassembly? I do not know...

Seems like the issue is the garage get ZERO money from insurance before car is repaired and returned. So the garage will try ANYTHING to return the car "before time" (Tesla Authorised Garage)
Sorry to hear that. How frustrating!! At least you had the good sense to take before photos etc. to prove they damaged and/or didn’t refit the parts as required.

Hopefully not that much longer for you now. 👍

Sorry to hear that. How frustrating!! At least you had the good sense to take before photos etc. to prove they damaged and/or didn’t refit the parts as required.

Hopefully not that much longer for you now. 👍
Yes very frustrating.

I got a "rental" on the insurance - a Cupra FTormentor but the ONLY good thing I can say about that is it has Apple CarPlay... The rest of the car is "Form over function" - The engine is reasonably ok enough but everything else is just frustrating. Gearbox is sluggish, suspension is very hard (on comfort) - start stop system is not smart and takes so much power it stops the windscreen vipers when turning on (great in big rainfall).

It has a built in mother-in-law giving you driving tips "Foot of the accelerator!" it says - when it gets the speeds wrong - which is very often - on the bloody same stretches of road it sometimes thinks it is 20mph and other times 30mph - and signs are ALWAYS very visible.

If it was not for the Apple CarPlay - I would have returned it :)

But it does shine its own logo down on the road under the mirrors - FAB!