TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Tesla finance changes imminent?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by PrGrPa, Sep 4, 2017.

1. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Member

Got a neat email from Tesla today saying

"Tesla’s limited time 1.5% rate on Model S and Model X vehicles is available through to the 30th September."

Darn. Hope the rate isn't going up much as I was looking at getting a model S in February.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Interesting that your 'great low rate' is 1.5% while ours seems to be 0.99%. Is that always the case that the UK special low rates are in that range? (To add another comment, 'normal' car dealers can and do often offer 0.00% financing when trying to move cars at end of the model years here...)

3. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Member

That is interesting. For perspective, the Bank of England base rate is 0.25%. And typical savings rates are <2.5%. 1.5% looks pretty good. In these conditions. Though not as good as 0.99%.

I’ve seen few 0% deals on premium cars in the UK. BMW and MB quote typical finance rates of 4%-5% with real rates ranging up to 9%.

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Maybe they aren't as eager to dump their EOY cars as our ICE dealers are. :D. I mean, I'd rather have a Bimmer or a Benz, if I had to have an ICE.... but I'm no expert on sales cycles for cars in the UK.

I have seen 0.0% for Lexus and the like, which is what some people call premium.... But back when I purchased my current BMW in 2009, the rates were around 4%.

• Like x 1