Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla finance changes imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a neat email from Tesla today saying

"Tesla’s limited time 1.5% rate on Model S and Model X vehicles is available through to the 30th September."

Darn. Hope the rate isn't going up much as I was looking at getting a model S in February.

Interesting that your 'great low rate' is 1.5% while ours seems to be 0.99%. Is that always the case that the UK special low rates are in that range? (To add another comment, 'normal' car dealers can and do often offer 0.00% financing when trying to move cars at end of the model years here...)

Interesting that your 'great low rate' is 1.5% while ours seems to be 0.99%. Is that always the case that the UK special low rates are in that range? (To add another comment, 'normal' car dealers can and do often offer 0.00% financing when trying to move cars at end of the model years here...)

That is interesting. For perspective, the Bank of England base rate is 0.25%. And typical savings rates are <2.5%. 1.5% looks pretty good. In these conditions. Though not as good as 0.99%.

I’ve seen few 0% deals on premium cars in the UK. BMW and MB quote typical finance rates of 4%-5% with real rates ranging up to 9%.

That is interesting. For perspective, the Bank of England base rate is 0.25%. And typical savings rates are <2.5%. 1.5% looks pretty good. In these conditions. Though not as good as 0.99%.

I’ve seen few 0% deals on premium cars in the UK. BMW and MB quote typical finance rates of 4%-5% with real rates ranging up to 9%.
Maybe they aren't as eager to dump their EOY cars as our ICE dealers are. :D. I mean, I'd rather have a Bimmer or a Benz, if I had to have an ICE.... but I'm no expert on sales cycles for cars in the UK.

I have seen 0.0% for Lexus and the like, which is what some people call premium.... But back when I purchased my current BMW in 2009, the rates were around 4%.

Reactions: PrGrPa