Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultimate drag race.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really, knowing that my MS couldn't manage a single lap around Oulton Park before power was curtailed due to battery overheating. Makes the drag capability feel a bit like a gimmick - a bit like using nitrous in an ICE car.
But if this helps bring a cachet to Tesla - great. But that cachet should really be for creating the ultimate daily driver: smooth, efficient, spacious ...and quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonG
Not really, knowing that my MS couldn't manage a single lap around Oulton Park before power was curtailed due to battery overheating. Makes the drag capability feel a bit like a gimmick.
But if this helps bring a cachet to Tesla - great. But that cachet should really be for creating the ultimate daily driver: smooth, efficient, spacious ...and quick.

I hear you, however that doesn’t change the fact that it beat those other fast cars in a drag race any less impressive.

It’s not a built to be a track car is it.

On a side note, oulton Park is a fantastic circuit! Done many many laps around it on both my bike and in various cars.

Interesting it wouldn’t do one lap for you, when there’s a chap who has done a 8.50 around the Nurburgring in it, I only managed 8.30 in my M4!

Indeed Oulton Park is my local favourite, and just right for my limited capabilities - am on there every couple of months.

I'm following the Tesla v4 roadster threads with personal interest and I understand its actually the motors that overheat. Wonder if that 'bring effort was set up with new or one-off PEM/motors.

Reactions: M4guy
nice. As DT says 'I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their b******t. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.' so if we all lived like this then the Tesla P100D Ludicrous is the one to have, albeit 10.5 but hey who's counting :)

• Funny
Reactions: M4guy