Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra white seats vs. light headliner with kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one more day to change my X order and have decided I do not want an all black interior. I think it really contributes to the claustrophobic feeling of the 3rd row in the 7 seater (yes, the 6 seater is better but it's not best for us; I also only felt claustrophobic in the all black interior X that I was in, vs ones with light headliners).

We have 15 month old twins so I'm trying to figure out if the ultra white seats or the light headliner are the easiest to clean. From reading the forums, it seems the white seats may be better, even though the mom in me can't believe it? Is the light headliner really hard to clean when it gets dirty? It also seems to me that the ultra white on the bottom of the FWD would be more likely to get dirty than the light headliner on the top half of the doors?

Sorry, yes, I realize I can't get both (nor would I want to). I'm thinking of it as an either/or to lighten up the interior depending on which is easiest to clean. I haven't seen the ultra white seats in person but that's currently what I opted for in my order. The seats look great in pics, I'm just nervous about white seats with little kids!

So I've got both, though not in the same car. My 2+ year old Model S has the light alcantara headliner, and my 2+ month old Model X has Ultra White seats. Guess what? They're both easy to clean. The headliner in the S gets dirty from kids in our rear-facing jump seats reaching their hands back up over their heads. At one point, we had a pretty greasy four-finger swath up there. It stayed for about 2 months before I had the stomach to tackle it. A damp microfiber towel with a very dilute solution of dish soap cleaned it to spotless.

Our X has had black mechanic's grease and a few other things on the seat material. Everything has cleaned off except for a stain caused by the seat belt on one of the 2nd row seats. I'm going to ask my SC to figure that one out.

I think that it's like with most things - stay on top of it and any choice will be fine.

FWIW, I love our white seats in the X. They make the interior for me.

Reactions: Saxena
Do you know if the material on the doors is vegan leather? Did you consider Tan?

The seat material is the same as the material on the bottom half of the doors. The headliner is on the top half. I didn't consider the tan since I specifically do not want leather. I've also heard that the tan shows more dirt and is harder to clean than the white.

So I've got both, though not in the same car. My 2+ year old Model S has the light alcantara headliner, and my 2+ month old Model X has Ultra White seats. Guess what? They're both easy to clean.

FWIW, I love our white seats in the X. They make the interior for me.

Thanks. I haven't seen the white seats in person yet, but they look great. I think that's the way I'm going to go.

Absolutely agree with @ohmman that the white seats really do make the interior! We are totally loving it, with the carbon fiber trim it is stunning. We have only had ours for a little over a month, but I can say that some dried coffee spots cleaned right off the white armrests with just a damp paper towel and did not leave any stains.

Reactions: madodel