Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Um... did this just really happen?! SR+ rear heated seats Musk tweet!

Would you buy a software unlock of rear heated seat?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like all heat options are heated!!
upload_2020-2-14_11-8-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-14_11-8-38.png
    upload_2020-2-14_11-8-38.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
I feel about the rear seat heat like I do about the other software locked items, like the fog lights. If the cost to enable is lower than the cost to bypass the software lock/wire it up myself, then I'm game.

Unfortunately only the early build SRs had the fog lights disabled via software. The later build SRs, the fog lights and the white accent bar lights are physically gone. You need to replaces the light assemblies on the later builds.

See this thread:
2020 SR+ Foglights

The image below is the left only. The rights are 390 and 392.
391 and 392 are the ones with fogs.
86333160_618655862290351_488881812177682432_n.png

Reactions: Tres_Azul
Thanks, that fog light thread is where I snagged the idea to use the amber marker as the turn on for the fog light relay. My SR+ is from summer 19' (forget build month). So I do not have the white accent light, but do have what appears to be a fog light lens over on the opposite side from the amber marker light. Have ambient lights too, as they frequently flash for a brief moment when updating or when I enter quickly during the wake up procedure.

EDIT- Sorry, last OT post here.

Interesting... while a good purchase if living in the north, not sure it would be of any real value here in SoCal. This is a good start though, but they need more "a la carte" offerings.
  • More Power (perhaps incremental up to your battery's max)
  • More Range (again, perhaps incremental up to your battery's max)
  • Smart Summon
  • Auto Park
  • Partial FSD (w/ w/o Smart Summon)
  • Fog/driving lights
  • Interior lighting
I'd be willing to buy a few of those.

Interesting... while a good purchase if living in the north, not sure it would be of any real value here in SoCal. This is a good start though, but they need more "a la carte" offerings.
  • Smart Summon
  • Auto Park
  • Fog/driving lights
  • Interior lighting

Power might be doable since we’ve seen them allow the motors to put out a little more but there probably isn’t a whole heck of a lot of extra power they can tap without risking hardware failure.

Range probably isn’t doable at all. Tesla doesn’t really hold back a portion of the battery like other manufacturers. If it includes a ~50kWh pack, you’re already using ~50kWh. You can’t magically download additional battery cells.

It would be nice if they broke FSD out into more options right now. I would probably purchase lane change and navigate on autopilot for $500 to $1000 right now. I doubt I would purchase summons for any amount unless it was hilarious (like $250). The problem with this is their “FSD” for $7k now REALLY is useless since it offers ZERO. If someone can purchase the current NAV on AP for $1000 there really isn’t any reason not to wait for new features to show up before buying FSD.

Once we have navigate on autopilot on city streets with stop sign and stop light recognition, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got auto lane change and on ramp to off ramp for everyone else as paid upgrade options...

Fog lights seems to be a physical hardware issue at some point. Possibly around mid summer 2019 the physical hardware stopped showing up on SR/SR+. Interior lights might be the same issue, might not. I couldn’t imagine those being more than $100 to $150 though based on heated seats at $300; might just not be worth Tesla even having a programmer spend any time adding that code in.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
  • Smart Summon
  • Auto Park
  • Fog/driving lights
  • Interior lighting
I think most of those are limited by hardware issues except the FSD related ones and interior lights. I would LOVE the option to buy the interior ambient lights on my SR+. It annoys me every time I open my door and see them flicker on for a second. Already bought the heated seat upgrade!

Reactions: malou
I think most of those are limited by hardware issues except the FSD related ones and interior lights. I would LOVE the option to buy the interior ambient lights on my SR+. It annoys me every time I open my door and see them flicker on for a second. Already bought the heated seat upgrade!

Unfortunately, I think that an interior lights upgrade isn't very likely.

Along with fog lights, I believe some of the additional door pocket lights have been physically removed in the later editions of the SR+. I don't know if Tesla would program that upgrade just for those of us with early editions.

Reactions: AdamMacDon