Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC Trunk Storage Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

user212_nr

Aug 26, 2019
US
I don't keep the UMC in the car, and I've found that the storage case that it came in is great for storing other things. I think someday I will want another one, but Tesla is not selling it. Is there something like it for sale somewhere?

I don't keep the UMC in the car, and I've found that the storage case that it came in is great for storing other things.
I think someday I will want another one, but Tesla is not selling it. Is there something like it for sale somewhere?
I have some older laptop bags that I don't use because I prefer backpacks,
but they are very practical to put Spare Tire Tool Kits, like Lug Wrench and Scissor Jacks,
and they fit perfectly inside the rear hidden trunk.
A6233804_other1.jpg

Last edited:
You mean the squarish fabric bag? I just use small fabric tool bags from Sears when they go on sale for $4-5. There are also camera back inserts like these, but the interiors are prone to snagging.

Yes, but on the bottom of the Tesla bag, which is leather or fake leather and fabric, there is some kind of jagged surface that grips the bottom of the trunk "carpet". It is similar to velcro, except velcro would damage the carpeting. It stays in place unless you lift upwards, resisting accelerations ie. sideward pulls.