TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UMC Trunk Storage Box

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by user212_nr, Oct 5, 2019.

1. user212_nr

user212_nr Active Member

I don't keep the UMC in the car, and I've found that the storage case that it came in is great for storing other things. I think someday I will want another one, but Tesla is not selling it. Is there something like it for sale somewhere?

2. hmgolds

hmgolds Member

You mean the squarish fabric bag? I just use small fabric tool bags from Sears when they go on sale for $4-5. There are also camera back inserts like these, but the interiors are prone to snagging.

• Informative x 1
  3. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

#3 Watts_Up, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    I have some older laptop bags that I don't use because I prefer backpacks,
    but they are very practical to put Spare Tire Tool Kits, like Lug Wrench and Scissor Jacks,
    and they fit perfectly inside the rear hidden trunk.
    [​IMG]

4. Bloomj

Bloomj Member

Thanks for posting. Just ordered these for $5.00

5. user212_nr

user212_nr Active Member

Yes, but on the bottom of the Tesla bag, which is leather or fake leather and fabric, there is some kind of jagged surface that grips the bottom of the trunk "carpet". It is similar to velcro, except velcro would damage the carpeting. It stays in place unless you lift upwards, resisting accelerations ie. sideward pulls.