Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Un-Pairing a Previously Paired Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to have 2 Gen 3 wall connectors set up for power sharing. I then moved one of them (the one that was set up as a "follower") to a different location. Now I cannot get it to exit power sharing mode. I turned off power sharing on the wall connector that was set up as the "master" but that hasnt translated to the "follower." I assume this is because they are now on seperate wifi networks. Is there anyway to stop power sharing on the "follower" device? Without that, it is limiting me to 24A max charging.

I believe that power sharing has to be orchestrated exclusively by the master. In my setup, I cannot access anything on the "follower;" all power sharing options are greyed out on its page. By moving your "follower" before turning off power sharing with its master, it probably got lost and has defaulted into some sort of safe mode.

You could move the "follower" back to its original location, supply power to it, re-commission it to the original WiFi and shared configuration (you'll need to set sharing up again through the master), then go to the master and stop sharing. In other words, set all up as in the original (on the same WiFi network), then stop sharing from the master.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I actually finally got my answer from Tesla! Here it is for others:

Please make sure your Wall Connector handle is unplugged from your car and stay close to the Wall Connector throughout the procedure.
-Please restart the wall connector's circuit breaker 3x fast (off, on, off, on, off and on).
-Find and select the Wall Connector's Wi-Fi named TeslaWallConnector_XXXXXX to connect your phone, tablet or laptop to the Wall Connector.
-Enter the 12 digit password on the front of the Wall Connector Quick Start Guide to connect your phone or other device to the Wall Connector. The WPA 2.
-If you see “No internet connection” that is expected. Please proceed to next step.
-While connected to the Wall Connector Wi- Fi, open a new internet browser page (safari or chrome), and in the URL/address bar (not Google search), enter the following address: 192.168.92.1/service
-Perform factory reset

Reactions: flai54 and Jeff-4
Upvote 0