Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Display Surrounding Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just bought a new M3 without Autopilot. During my test drive, the Tesla representative stated that I would be able to see surrounding vehicles on the screen even without Autopilot. Today on the drive home from the delivery center, I noticed that this was not the case.

Can someone confirm if you need autopilot in order for surrounding vehicles to be displayed on your screen?

Thanks!

Hi,

I just bought a new M3 without Autopilot. During my test drive, the Tesla representative stated that I would be able to see surrounding vehicles on the screen even without Autopilot. Today on the drive home from the delivery center, I noticed that this was not the case.

Can someone confirm if you need autopilot in order for surrounding vehicles to be displayed on your screen?

Thanks!
I do not have autopilot on my M3 and the surrounding vehicles show on the screen. They shift around a bit and the images seem to jump into my lane on the screen as they pass me on the left side. They are actually beside me when the screen indicates they are still behind the rear end of my car. I have an appointment to see if the cameras are properly aligned.