Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unbelievable.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 truly handles extremely well. Subjectively I think it's more responsive than my old BMW M3. The car reacts at the most subtle turn of the wheel. The steering wheel diameter is small, meaning even smaller distances needed to turn to get the same response. It's also a very stiff wheel in sport mode so the car is very easy to control.

You take those characteristics and then add in the instantaneous torque, the tight turning radius, and the quiet, single speed motor of a quality EV... I don't know. I don't think I can do the experience justice by trying to describe it with words. You'll get it once you take the car for a spin. Driving an ICE will be forever painful.

This is all so true. One month into our Model 3 ownership and I honestly enjoy driving it more than I do our Model S P85. And I keep telling myself, wait until people experience the AWD version, and then the Performance AWD version. That will truly be a tipping point. Not to mention the true $35k version, yet another tipping point.

Also does anyone know how many model 3's have been produced this year? Do you think Tesla will cross 200K model 3's this year?

It's not just
Yes. Positive. Way better. Electric is the way to go.

I don't disagree. I rented an I3 and love the drive with regenerative brake and how quiet it is with no engine sound. My wife was in the garage when I pulled out the car and her jaws dropped. "I didn't hear anything". And so she was sold. That's how I convinced her to let me buy a Tesla without having to say anything :)
It's a bit silly, but I have a few concerns with repair & maintenance cost. It's my first EV so it's uncharted territory for me.

I got my invite as well today and configured right away (I actually saw online I could configure and received the invite email an hour after configuring). It's been 10 hours already and still no VIN - it's going to be a very looooong "3-6 weeks."

I am also currently driving a '15 C300 - sport version with almost every option checked so the price of the M3 didn't give me sticker shock. The car is great but 19" low-profile tires do not work well in L.A. - in three years, I cracked 2 rims on pot holes and the Pirelli tires on the right rear last about 8,000 miles (and with staggered wheels and directional tires, you can't rotate them). Last year, my car was at the dealer for two weeks and I had a stripped C300 loaner - the difference between the two cars was absurd - I couldn't believe MB charged $40k for a stripped C300; a car that had no sensors, no navigation and no back-up camera.

totally agree with you. The stripped down C300 is totally not worth its money. It looks ugly. It drives nothing like a luxury car.
Have you had a chance to test drive the M3? I'm curious to know opinions from Mercedes people, particularly people with C class sport.

totally agree with you. The stripped down C300 is totally not worth its money. It looks ugly. It drives nothing like a luxury car.
Have you had a chance to test drive the M3? I'm curious to know opinions from Mercedes people, particularly people with C class sport.
I sold mine when I configured the M3. The best thing about the C class sport was the handling and turn radius. The transmission was pretty clunky. Turn radius on the MB was better than the 3, but that's about it. Ride is similar and cornering is similar. The 3 simply blows doors off everything I've ever driven. There's no hesitation to accelerate, no gear delay and no real power arc. It just goes, no matter what speed you stop on it at. Regenerative braking takes some getting used to though.

It's not just

I don't disagree. I rented an I3 and love the drive with regenerative brake and how quiet it is with no engine sound. My wife was in the garage when I pulled out the car and her jaws dropped. "I didn't hear anything". And so she was sold. That's how I convinced her to let me buy a Tesla without having to say anything :)
It's a bit silly, but I have a few concerns with repair & maintenance cost. It's my first EV so it's uncharted territory for me.

I drove an EV for the past 3 years. No maintenance. No repairs. Just bought 4 tires and returned the lease. It was great not having to do oil changes. Or goto the gas station.