Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undefined Noise

jns1

Jul 25, 2021
Germany
Hey there. I got my M3P four weeks ago here in Germany and it did not make this noise when I first got it.
It started 10 days ago after I finished charging at a fast charger.

Does any of you guys know where it comes from?

Inside

Outside

Gulfcoaster

May 26, 2021
Florida
I believe thats the heat pump if I'm correct in my understanding of the car. I have a brand new 2021 M3P and it does that. But I'll let the others chime in that have more experience with the brand.

Fernand

Mar 22, 2019
Northern california
My Model 3 sounded rather like that, and service pulled some leaf debris out of the air inlet and found some pieces deeper in, so they replaced the cabin filters. It would get louder when the fan ramped up.

Last edited:

jns1

Jul 25, 2021
Germany
ok – thanks for your feedback so far! :)
going to have a check at the service in two weeks.

I hope they will find the reason for that annoying noise.

Kokocabana

Mar 21, 2021
Vancouver
Is it hot weather where you live? It could be the cabin overheat protection to keep the interior temperature less than 40 degress celsius. The big glass roof heats up the car very easily even if the outside temperature is only around 20 something. It will stay on even if you turn off the climate control.

You can turn it off under the safety settings.

AmunRa51

Apr 11, 2021
South Brunswick NJ
I have same issue in a week old car. It say in garage at 75-80 degrees and keeps making the irritating (pump I guess).
there is question of overheating here . It’s quite irritating to hear and also may kill the parts sooner

jns1

Jul 25, 2021
Germany
I have same issue in a week old car. It say in garage at 75-80 degrees and keeps making the irritating (pump I guess).
there is question of overheating here . It’s quite irritating to hear and also may kill the parts sooner
Hey there. The Service Center herein Germany let me know that this comes from a defect temperature sensor of the AC which is located under the display. It makes that sound because the sensor is checking for the temperature all the time. They will change it in two weeks.

Reactions: AmunRa51

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC