Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undercarriage clearance... just one choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Rock-hopping gentry, and the mud-slingin' good ol boys probably both are happy that the Cyber has the clearance it does when at the top of its "stated" range.
Me? I'm old. I've been climbing in my big horn for 12 years. I've worn down the driver's seat on the side sliding in and out.
Now I know the Cyber will go up and down. And This might not be a thing at all, so I am not seeking support for offering a "lower" Cyber option.
So how easy was it for all the peeps at the Cyber event with getting in and out of it? Sure most of em were young and in comfortable clothing...but does anyone have any first hand reports of getting in and out. Ot a comparison of what Tesla states will be the height at which you can get in it compared to other vehicles?
Enough older people are getting it where it probably should be a consideration. And my dogs aren't getting any younger either.

The Rock-hopping gentry, and the mud-slingin' good ol boys probably both are happy that the Cyber has the clearance it does when at the top of its "stated" range.
Me? I'm old. I've been climbing in my big horn for 12 years. I've worn down the driver's seat on the side sliding in and out.
Now I know the Cyber will go up and down. And This might not be a thing at all, so I am not seeking support for offering a "lower" Cyber option.
So how easy was it for all the peeps at the Cyber event with getting in and out of it? Sure most of em were young and in comfortable clothing...but does anyone have any first hand reports of getting in and out. Ot a comparison of what Tesla states will be the height at which you can get in it compared to other vehicles?
Enough older people are getting it where it probably should be a consideration. And my dogs aren't getting any younger either.

It has an air suspension - it can lower. Did you watch the reveal?

yes.
And the reveal dwelled on the clearance, and did NOT say the height it would be when in the low position. When the focus is on height it is done at a cost. If it isn't then the reveal would have given both the highest and lowest parameter. Nowhere can I find how low it will/can be,
In the tesla.com photo of the Cyberturck "tilted" and the ramp down, I'm expecting the rear is at the lowest setting and the front is at the highest setting. Both at the lowest setting should help access a great deal. And, improve aerodynamics.

At highest:
520A134F-33FA-4762-994A-44F122902190.jpeg

At lowest:
666D4E5A-2E48-4650-8D4E-CDBD12D91438.jpeg

I haven’t a single doubt in my mind that user customizable settings will be possible.

But, also, keep in mind that this thing sits on nearly 3 foot high tires.