Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undercarriage plastic ripped off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the TeslaBros varient, and we'll see how good it is. They had a 4th of July 20% sale, so that was real money, and I pushed the button...
Looks like it's identical to the RPMTesla, as expected as they are all white labeled products from Chinese factories.
Should be a very straightforward install.

If you can, throw a picture up of the new panels on top of the plastic one and vice versa so we can see the difference in coverage, if any!

Reactions: Wolfhausen
This just happened to me yesterday driving a rental model 3. It was a windy day, driving 70 on highway and head a weird wind noise. Saw a bolt fly across the highway, thinking it was road debris, then another bolt ripped off before I pulled over. Never hit anything, seems like a defect.

I had one corner bolt pop off too. No impact marks of any kind, just looked like the bolt came off or wasn’t secured tight. I made a service appt and the estimate ~$250 at first to replace it. Then upon inspection, they secured the plate again with new bolts (on invoice) at no charge.

OP’s does look a lot more than 1 or 2 bolts coming loose though…

View attachment 823317
Exactly the same thing happened to me - bolt fell out, service replaced it for free. Hope they tightened all the other bolts...

Reactions: karkrazy