Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uneven rotor wear on 2018 Standard Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brakes are functioning properly and pads do not show much wear, but on tire rotation found 30-50% of discs surface were not being used. Thought I'd cleand lube the sliders, but don't see how to access them like a traditional car. Will I be able to remove the caliper and access them with typical garage tools?

I am exploring a similar problem because a bloke comes up to me in the Supermarket car-park at the weekend and tells me my brake discs are not correctly wearing (he claims he is a Motorhead and knows these things). Ok, so I start to have a look myself and compare the discs on my car to other cars including another Tesla. All 4 of my brake discs are showing an even wear pattern where by only 30%-50% of the disc surface remains shiny. The car is a Model 3 2019 Performance.

I am no expert in these matters. My car has done 55,000 miles and to have to replace the brake discs seems a bit odd. I am aware that regen braking can mean the brakes tend to do a lot less work than ICE vehicles however they should still evenly wear but just last longer... Well that is what Tesla sales tell you anyhow... :) Did you get to the bottom of your issues. Interested in your feedback? My car doesn't do a lot of mileage, could it be corrosion? Is it a problem, could it affect upcoming MOT. I have not noticed any braking problem but then I don't go round needing to hit the brakes very often.

I have a Model Y - 20months old and the brake discs on that are shiny as they were new. It doesn't make sense at all....

Upvote 0