Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

United Kingdom - Help with MYP - take delivery or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. First time posting here on the forum. I hope you folks can help me, please.

I ordered a MYP in the UK when it was first launched in late 2021. Tesla has allocated me a car and given me a chassis number (LRWYHCEL2PC6209**) which confirms the car is a Shanghai 2023 Performance model. Correct? But what I don’t know is whether it has the 'Comfort Suspension' or not. The car I tried last week was a 2023 MYP demo car at the dealers, and the ride was ok but not great.

What I’m trying to establish before I go ahead and buy/take delivery of this car is given it is one of the early UK MYP from Shanghai will the car definitely have the “Comfort Suspension” that Elon mentioned late last year? How can I find out and be 100% sure what suspension it has? From what I can gather you can't rely on the Tesla sales team to give you 100% accurate advice on points like this. Perhaps you guys can help?

Any advice or help is much appreciated - many thanks.

You see, there’s a problem.

Comfort is subjective.

And EVEN WITH comfort suspension, some folks feel it is harsh and conversely, with the older setup, some folks thought it was fine.

According to posts here and there, the changeover was in October, so it’s more likely you just aren’t as comfortable in the “Comfort” setup… and it would be even worse for you with older MYs.

Hi. First time posting here on the forum. I hope you folks can help me, please.

I ordered a MYP in the UK when it was first launched in late 2021. Tesla has allocated me a car and given me a chassis number (LRWYHCEL2PC6209**) which confirms the car is a Shanghai 2023 Performance model. Correct? But what I don’t know is whether it has the 'Comfort Suspension' or not. The car I tried last week was a 2023 MYP demo car at the dealers, and the ride was ok but not great.

What I’m trying to establish before I go ahead and buy/take delivery of this car is given it is one of the early UK MYP from Shanghai will the car definitely have the “Comfort Suspension” that Elon mentioned late last year? How can I find out and be 100% sure what suspension it has? From what I can gather you can't rely on the Tesla sales team to give you 100% accurate advice on points like this. Perhaps you guys can help?

Any advice or help is much appreciated - many thanks.
Any luck confirming this? I'm in the same position here in Oz. Getting donuts from sales / service to confirm either way.

Thanks Mulkogi. Had a look at that thread you listed above. I'd happily check the part numbers on collection if it was easy enough to do. However, I'm not sure I'd be able to see the part numbers unless it's on a ramp, would I? Are the part numbers easily accessible on the collection day?

I agree you don't buy a perforamce car for comfort, but at the same time a perforamnce car can perform and still have good suspension. Teslas don't have the best ride reputation. If there is a chance of getting the better suspension then I'm keen to check before delivery if possible.

Well I've taken delivery ...... and I love it. What a great car. I was very wary of Tesla after test driving a MY LR so was leaning towards German manufacturers like BMW and Porsche as they both drove so well, but so far I'm very happy with the car. I couldn't test drive a MY Performance at time of ordering so had to take a punt on it. The ride is much better than the MY LR I test drove mid 2022 (not sure what year / build etc it was). Seriously impressed with the Tesla charging network too. The tech in the car is superb and all works so well. Performance is very good. Also love the size of the car. Big enough for the family, yet small enough to drive easily around town for everyday use. Overall delighted with the car.

I did manage to look at the rear suspension. Part numbers are 1188465-00-E so assume I don't have the latest suspension as its a MIC car produced approx October 2022.