Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged Moderate Performance Model Y Makes Noises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Floridians if you are in the Tampa area and looking for an installer that won’t break the bank, I recommend Jordan Performance Racing.

Not an UP partner and I was the first Tesla they ever touched but they installed them fairly quick and half price of what the closest partner charged, I definitely recommend them.

Home

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
These noises are not specific to UPP either. I've had a lot of setups on past cars, and this noise happened a lot. I always installed with the wraps or covers + some kind of anti-seizing material. I've seen that when fully unloaded, the springs would be somewhat stuck, and then pop when unseizing themselves.

I've seen this happen on Teins and Billstein coilover setups. But with the right stuff, it works just fine.

Reactions: 2017S&XLftBhnd
These noises are not specific to UPP either. I've had a lot of setups on past cars, and this noise happened a lot. I always installed with the wraps or covers + some kind of anti-seizing material. I've seen that when fully unloaded, the springs would be somewhat stuck, and then pop when unseizing themselves.

I've seen this happen on Teins and Billstein coilover setups. But with the right stuff, it works just fine.
Also to mention that when bushings are cold...there’s a lot more “binding” that occurs. I hear some slight stuff in the mornings but during the day and evening the sound disappears. Rubber like tires harden up when weather isn’t ideal. If the noise is constant at anytime of the day, weather, or type of driving then I’d be concerned after a week of trial and error