Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged performance fitment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experience fitment issues with their facelifted bumper? My car is a 2012 Signature model and there are some fitment problem with the driver side aligning with the fender. Is it becuase my car is a signature model? I heard that signature models uses a different type of style bumper. Any help will be great. OEM might be a solution for me if i cant figuer this out.

Attachments

• 1198.jpeg
    1198.jpeg
    334.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 1197.jpeg
    1197.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 171
  • 1196.jpeg
    1196.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 181
Ben from Unplugged Performance contacted me (after seeing my car on the forum) to bring in my car to figure out what is causing this alignment issue. Ben went far and beyond expectation and they will be around for a long time with their excellent customer service and knowledge.

The techs from unplugged removed my bumper and found out that it wasn’t installed correctly. The Body shop I brought it to never followed instructions and installed it wrong in every way. They didn’t use all the screws that was provided and made the bottom chin of the bumper to sag, causing the bumper with alignment issues. With time and heat, the damage was irreversible and now more time and money are wasted. Ben even installed a new bumper he had in the warehouse and took pictures of how it should fit.

I would like to thank Ben from Unplugged Performance for taking his time in figuring out what caused the horrible fitment issue. It wasn’t because of the bumper but from the body shop I brought it to.

Furthermore, the third-party body shop didn’t even paint the bumper correctly. They just sprayed a coat of paint without primer or anything which cause my bumper to chip easily. If you are going to get a bumper painted and installed, make sure you double check their background or have UNPLUGGED install the bumper for you. Attached are photos of how the bumper fitment with a new bumper they had.

Attachments

• IMG_5642.jpg
    IMG_5642.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5639.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5644.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 135
Ben from Unplugged Performance contacted me (after seeing my car on the forum) to bring in my car to figure out what is causing this alignment issue. Ben went far and beyond expectation and they will be around for a long time with their excellent customer service and knowledge.

The techs from unplugged removed my bumper and found out that it wasn’t installed correctly. The Body shop I brought it to never followed instructions and installed it wrong in every way. They didn’t use all the screws that was provided and made the bottom chin of the bumper to sag, causing the bumper with alignment issues. With time and heat, the damage was irreversible and now more time and money are wasted. Ben even installed a new bumper he had in the warehouse and took pictures of how it should fit.

I would like to thank Ben from Unplugged Performance for taking his time in figuring out what caused the horrible fitment issue. It wasn’t because of the bumper but from the body shop I brought it to.

Furthermore, the third-party body shop didn’t even paint the bumper correctly. They just sprayed a coat of paint without primer or anything which cause my bumper to chip easily. If you are going to get a bumper painted and installed, make sure you double check their background or have UNPLUGGED install the bumper for you. Attached are photos of how the bumper fitment with a new bumper they had.

Thanks @Rockwell for the opportunity to review and to figure out your bumper mystery. It was surprising us since we have 500 bumpers around the world and none fitting like yours so were curious why your bumper was fitting so differently.

It is unfortunate that the original installer took so little care to follow the provided instructions...although we've unfortunately seen some shops skip reading the install guides and make vital errors, although this particular installer was off the charts bad. I suppose the fact that they painted color directly onto a raw bumper with no prep work says it all. Unfortunate history, but thank you for the opportunity to help.

Last edited: