Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unresponsive Tesla Advisor -- what's the best way to escalate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have to say I absolutely LOVE my SA. I have his email address and he even gave me his personal cell number. He is very responsive and has been beyond helpful throughout the process. He even offered to track my car and has been letting me know where the "train" is :)

Yeah as in any business, once they sold you the product, they don't give a *sugar* afterward (majority). You're on your own to fend for yourself, at least that's my experience in life, especially when buying big ticket items.

Exactly. After my test drive and before my order, SA will inquire by email to me whether information is needed to help me decide. After order is made, almost none of my email inquiries were answered. I am not the type pinging him daily, only two times with couple follow up bumps since no response received.

I think in Tesla the SA are just there to make sure sales happen, not really there to ensure both the potential buyers and buyers already placed the order are happy.

To be fair, I think the SA didn’t respond also because they have no control or insight on the production strategy or logic, they can’t promise anything as the production line is so no logic, so no response is better than false promises or update

I ordered couple of my past vehicles out of state or not from local dealers before, the process and steps were so transparent that I don’t need to ping for status, unlike here.

I’m in this boat also. My SA doesn’t answer emails or text messages. I asked if email or text was better to reach her and she responded “I check my text messages every few hours and my emails every day.” Does that mean she checks her emails once a day?

I used a new to me lender, who was apparently new to Tesla also. I suspect they didn’t reference my account when they wired the money to Tesla since Tesla hasn’t posted the payment to my account in over a week.

I called the delivery center where I found my vehicle was going (5 hour drive away) and am receiving much better responses. He says the problem is with the finance department and asked for the wire confirmation email again. Problem is that if this isn’t resolved first thing in the morning, they will ship my vehicle to me where I would rather go pick it up.

The SA being slow to respond to messages is not helping on getting this issue resolved between my lender and Tesla. Glad to have someone in Kansas City that is very helpful. At least I know my vehicle is there waiting for me.

We are in the same boat. Live in OKC, told we have to go to Kansas City. Did you indeed have to go to Kansas City or were you able to get delivered closer?